Abortion Pill Legalization

Abortions are the #1 controversial topic to exist! What is an abortion? An abortion by definition is “the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy”, in other words, ending an infant's life in the tummy before they are born. According to guttmacher.com, abortion pills accounted for over 54% of all abortions in the United States. This pill is now being taken to court. Should this pill stay legal for all states, or shall the banning of this pill begin now?

Why do people execute abortions? There are many reasons that women state why they want or have an abortion. Such as, “too early”, “not ready”, “don’t want a baby”, “can’t care for one”, ect. 

How does the pill work? Well actually, this is a two-step process. First, the woman will take a pill called Mifepristone. This pill will initially stop the pregnancy from progressing. This may cause a woman to feel nauseous or start bleeding from their uterus. The second pill is called Misopristol. Up to 48 hours after taking Mifepristone, the female will take Misoprostol. This pill will “in simple terms” kill the sex cells that are creating the baby. This pill will cause extreme cramps for the female as well as a lot of blood rushing out from the uterus. This process is very similar to a miscarriage when taking these pills. Still confused? Think of it as a forced miscarriage. 

Why is the potential banning of the abortion pill such a big deal? Mifepristone (the abortion pill) is responsible for over half of all abortions. Because of how big this pill is to abortions, this is huge for both Democrats and Republicans. Democrats are usually for “pro-choice”, whereas Republicans are usually for “pro-life”. What does that mean? If you are pro-choice, that means that you believe that women should be able to make their own decisions on what they do with their body and want abortions to be legal. If you are pro-life, you believe that abortions should be illegal and vote for the banning of this medicine. 

Depending on your political POV, there are many pros and cons to this pill and topic. In my personal religious view, I do not believe in abortions. I think that they should be illegal because I don’t think it is right to end a life, even if it hasn’t even begun. Also meaning, that I think that this pill should be banned by the court. This is a really tough topic to talk about, with many mixed opinions.

*I will try to keep posted on updates with this court case

For right now, the pill will remain legal until further notice.

https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2022/02/medication-abortion-now-accounts-more-half-all-us-abortions 

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/the-abortion-pill/how-does-the-abortion-pill-work 

Do you think that the abortion pill should be legal or illegal? Why?

Would it be easier for the female to just have the baby and put it up for adoption?

Do you think that the government will end up banning this pill?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i do not think they should be able to kill the baby. i think people should think before they do these actions. if the mom or dad or familys will not be able to care for the baby they should still have it and give it to a family who has troubles havibng kids

• I agree, there are a lot of people that are unable to have babies. I think that that is a great idea. 

• No I think they are killing a innocent baby. It should be illegal. People should understand to use a condom to not create a baby. People should understand there consequences if they have sex. I think the government will keep the pill, but it is not okay to do this.

• I am with you there. They say that abortions "save lives" but they are really destroying lives. Using protection it saving lives!

• I think that it should be illegal because you are ruining a baby's life and just pretty much getting rid of them. like if you want an aberration then use protection next time or just never do it if you don't want a kid. Especially you are pretty much making the kid not see life or even have a life if the pill is still legal and you are taking it. I think it would probably be easier if the female would just give birth and put it up for adoption.

• I agree, it's making a decision for someone that is not you and are ruining their life. I don't understand why women can't just have the baby and then put it up for adoption.

• I agree because first girls would want to have sex then they would get pregnant and then they would be panicking all the time and don't know what to do with the kid when is born if you want to not get pregnant then use a condom or not have sex until you want a kid like I think it's stupid to just not care about the baby and just killing it without thinking and like being oh man I'm really killing my kid.

• I agree with you, I think that people need to realize what they are about to do and what could happen if the action is made. And EVEN IF someone is going to make that decision, at least use protection. That is unless you want a baby or could care for one. But if someone is thinking to themselves that they would get an abortion if they did get pregnant, then use flippin protection so you don't end a life all for one "fun" night.

• Exactly like why would you do it then not use protection if they do it without using protection then maybe their pullout game is weak or didn't want to pull out like maybe you should be better at it and not do it when you have no clue what you are doing or at least protection like people these days would want to do it then have no clue and forget about everything like cmon if you want to do it then at least know what you are doing then.

• I think that people need to be more responsible with that actions they do.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker