An 8 year old boy discovered his baby sister unresponsive in family pool. Tino the little boy was playing with his baby sister Cami and he noticed it was quiet. Tino went to go look for his baby sister and he saw that she wasn't seen anywhere near the house. Tino then saw something the pool and he went to go see. He saw that his baby sister was floating in the pool. That's when Tino yelled for help to his mom. Tino said that his sister Cami couldn't even move her muscles. She coldnt move anything at all not even her eyes Tino said.

Diana the mother is a nurse and she got Cami out of the pool and told Tino to call 911. Diana said that thats when Cami was able to throw up the water and start breathing again and she was glad that she saw signs of llife. Diana says that thanks to Tino's scream a scream that he learned from Cami. Tino said " Basically Cami gave her power to me and that's how I had the power to scream" Tino also thought that his mom was brave to go in to rescue her daughter. Diana said she was very proud of how TIno took everything so calmly, and when he called 911 he was calm and gave them their address.

The Conboy's call the accident a second chance. They had the fence put up around the pool, but Diana hopes that everyone learns from this story and to know how to do CPR for any situation. In my oppion, I think this is a very intresting story because, if I was in this situation I would be scared. At first I think I would like freak out and frezze for a moment because my sister would be in the pool. I would eventually realize that my sister is in the pool and I would go get my and tell her and thats when I would start to realize more that she was in danger.

If you were Tino how would you react to seeing your baby sister in the pool?

What would you do if you were the mom in this situation?

Do you think that the mom should have been more carefull and payed attention to the kids when they were outside?

Ginter, Marlee. “Boy, 8, Hailed A Hero After Discovering Baby Sister Unresponsive In Pool.” CBS Sacramento, CBS Sacramento, 5 Mar. 2021, sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/03/05/tino-conboy-placerville-hero-save-sister/.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This is a very traumatic thing to have to go through at that young age, and it's very very unfortunate that it happened. I would be traumatized for a long time. That is very difficult to go through. The mom definitely should have paid more attention. I have a 3 year old brother and I understand how easily they can get away.

• I think this is definitely a life-changing experience for a young boy to go through. it would be hard for anyone to see that but it takes a lot of courage to do what he did. I think this boy is a huge hero and his mother should start paying more attention to her kids. 

• This is definitely a difficult experience for a young boy and his family to deal with. I don't think I'm in the position to make any comments on how they handled it. Ideally, the baby would've been watched 24/7, but it isn't possible to constantly hover over a child. A fence has been put up and proper precautions are being taken now.

• Anyone would freak out. That's anyone's reaction. I'd get her out and immediately perform CPR. I'd have someone call 911 and another help me find someone that may be in the medical field. If I were the mom I'd be bawling and trying to make sure anyone that can help is helping. 

• I would get her out of the pool as quick as posible.  If I was the mom I would get her out as quick as possible ad begin CPR and then call 911 and have her taken to the hospital very quickly.  I think that it is not the moms fault because you could look away for just a second and you could look back and your kid could be gone I don't think that the mom is to blame.

• I would definitely go get my parents right away and tell them what I saw. If I was the mom i would have done the same thing she did. I don't think its the moms fault as much i mean yes she should have been watching then but we don't know what she was doing. I think they all handled the situation really well.

• I would probably call for some assistance if I saw my little sister not moving and face down in a pool. If I were the mom in this situation I would also call for help and try to keep the kid alive. I think that the mom should have been more careful and she is very lucky I think.

• I would be under shock and terrified, but I would have done the same thing he did  and called my parents and then called 911. I also think that the fact that the mother was a nurse maybe helped in this situation and it could also be the part of the reason why Cami is still alive. 

• I would jump in and pull her out. Then I would perform CPR while calling 911. If I was the mom in the situation I would do the CPR and make the kid call 911. I think that the mom should have been more careful. I think she was reckless and that she is lucky that she did not lose her. 

• I would've done the same thing.I'd be terrified that she'd be dead. I would've done the same thing and called 911.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker