1.9 Million Pounds of Chicken Recalled

National Steak and Poultry, a meat packing plant, issued a recall of nearly 2 million pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products. The recalled products are sold as fully cooked chicken for consumers to heat and serve. This product is being recalled because of possible under cooking, leading to an increase of harmful bacteria. This bacteria can lead to gastrointestinal distress and illnesses for the consumer.

Image result for national steak and poultry

The first recall of the under cooked products came on November 23 from an Oklahoma that included 17,439 pounds of under cooked chicken. After this more and more companies began to recall the under cooked chicken and the total  amount recalled is up to 1,993,528 pounds. These under cooked products were produced between August 20 and November 30.

1. What would you do if you had purchased one of these products and became ill?

2. Do you think it is possible more items from this company could be under cooked?, What does this company need to do?

read the full story here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would be very upset with the company, but I think I would have heard about their previous recalls and not have ordered it in the first place. I think this could probably happen again because I'm guessing a lot of it is based around machines, and if one thing is off, it can result in a big problem. I think they should stop producing chicken at this time, regroup, and find out what their problem is. 

• I think that if this company had recalls in the past and recovered to the point they are today they may make a full recovery over a long period of time. It is very easy for machines to malfunction and can happen all the time. The company needs to stop production and figure out what the problem is before they begin to produce this problematic problem.

• I would be mad and I would call the company and complain about it! I think that it is very possible that other foods people sell are under cooked. The company needs to make sure to cook the chicken all the way and make sure it is not under cooked. Otherwise they will have very angry customers. 

• I would go to the doctor and get myself healthy again at first. Then I would start asking questions why that happened and trying to get a refund and something in return since I get sick of the company's products. It's a possibility that more products are under cooked. Their ovens or cooking times can be off, resulting other items to be under cooked too. The company should check everything in the process to find out where the flaw is.

• If I purchased one of these products and became ill because of it, I would definitely express my concerns to the company. I don't know if I would go as far as to sue the company because accidents and mistakes like this do happen, but I may consider it if the effects of my illness left me in a large amount of debt. I think it's possible for more items from this company to be under cooked. I think this company needs to review their processes and procedures and machinery they use and make the necessary changes to make their food safe again. 

• I agree that the company doesn't need to be put out of business but I think something must change to make sure this never happens again because the next time it happens it might be to late and a lot of people could be affected by this.

• I am sure if you got sick but where fine you could just move on but if you have to pay a big hospital bill I would sue them. The company probably needs to make the customers feel safe and make is feel ok with eating it. 

• Some people don't have the money to pay those bills so I think the company is probably going to take a big hit by people that either really got sick or pretended to be really sick.

• I think the only thing you possibly could do is sue them, I think it is possible that more things would be under cooked, and they need to check very carefully the meat before it is sent out  

• I think the company should only be sued if the person is severely sick and cannot pay the bills of their medical treatment. The process for the company must be more precise and accurate to make sure something like this or even worse can happen again.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker