Revolutionary Zero1 Football Helmets May Reduce Brain Injuries

For many years Football helmets did a great job at preventing scull fractures, but haven't been very helpful to a player when it comes to brain injuries. Football helmets today just aren't designed to do that, in result many kids across the country do not play anymore in fear of long term effects. The new Zero1 helmet is designed to make the game safer with four layers to the helmet. The 1st layer deforms when it is hit, slowing the impact, the second layer is a softer reflex layer for absorption. The last two layers are to protect against skull fractures with a thin hard shell and for comfort with a soft padding on the inside. Although the price of this helmet is $1500 per helmet I think this helmet can change the game.

The Story

1. How well do you think this new helmet will work?

2. Do you think high schools will buy these new expensive helmets?

I think this helmet will work a lot better than the traditional helmets we are using now, I think high schools will buy a few helmets every year because it is too expensive to buy everyone the Zero1.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The lowered price of the helmets is a very good possibility, also schools could have fundraisers for these helmets.

• I mean safety for sports has been a large concern so these new helmets could hep protect people from injuries a bit more than the average helmet. But then again I'm not 100% sure what it is about these that is so different it could change the injury rate by to much. But I don't think to many schools will buys these since if the school doesn't have a record for multiple injuries like this they would deem these unnecessary and not to mention many schools don't have a ton of money to spare so they would not spend $1500 a helmet when their old one worked just fine. 

• I see what your point is here, I agree that these helmets won't take away all risk of any brain injury but tests so far have shown that it should help.

• I understand the risk being lowered with these I'm just saying that most schools couldn't afford as many as they would need for those prices unless there was a lot of injuries before hand and or there was so much undeniable evidence to support how much these would improve much on anything. 

• i think that these helmets are probably better than the ones we have now they probably fit a little better. i think that some high schools will buy them but not all high schools will because they are very expensive 

• I do agree as companies come up with new innovations for the safety of the helmet they will also make helmets more comfortable.

• I think it would work pretty good for safety cause you don't have to worry about head injuries.I think a few high schools will get them cause they are too expensive.

• I agree this would be very good for players across the country.

• Form how it is described, it sounds like it will work very well. I think some schools will buy them if the school has enough money to do that but some other schools might just slowly but them each year.

• This is exactly what I thought when I read the story, high schools will slowly buy them year by year.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker