Man arrested for shooting at protesters

On August 12th at the unite the right rally a man was recorded shooting at counter protesters. The man who was identified as Richard Wilson Preston was seen yelling at the counter protesters after they were throwing things at him. After the altercation Preston proceeds to shout racial slurs at the counter protesters. After this he pulls a pistol steps back and an fires one at the ground. Police where nearby and said they did not see him shoot the gun or hear the shot. No one was hurt he was later arrested but he has not been charged yet. This took place with in 1000 feet of a school meaning he can be charged with a felony that can mean up to 10 years in prison. 

1. Do you think ten  years to much or not enough for this crime.

2. Do you think that the police could have done something quicker 

My opinion 

I think ten years is enough he didn't try and kill anyone but i do not think he should go unpunished

I think the police herd it happen i just think they did not want to get involved  

full story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Even though no one was hurt he was still pointing a loaded gun at people but he then shot at them someone could have been hurt thats the problem.

• 1. I think ten years is too much jail time for him, but he should still be punished. Although the man did not hurt or kill anyone, he still fired a gun at the protest- which isn't right. 

2. If the police did not hear or see anything then they could not have responded quicker, but if they did they should have been on the case right away. We have to trust the police and assume they did not notice anything out of place. 

• I agree But I also think that 10 years is to much for his crimes because if he does have a gun permit he is allowed to carry a fire arm with him. Yes I also agree I think the police heard the gun shot but thought it was to much work to do anything.

• If he has a permit to keep a gun on him than he can carry one to defend himself. But that does not mean he can just pull it and shoot it at people for yelling at him. I agree that the police probably herd it and just chose not to do anything. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker