Destiny 2 Apology for 'Nazi-inspired' Kekistan Flag

Destiny 2 Developer, Bungie, was in hot water when people found a hunter gauntlet in the game that resembled the 'Kekistan flag' associated with internet trolls and alt-right. The item matches the design and coloring of the kekistan flag - a banner made for a fictional country, which anti-racism campaigners says was modeled on a Nazi war flag. Bungie said "It has come to our attention that a gauntlet shares elements with a hate symbol." "It is not intentional, we are removing it." Bungie has not provided any other information on how the art has been included in the first place. 

Story Here

Questions 

1. How would you feel if you were a game developer and your team found this in the game?

2. How would you feel if you were a fan of this game and found a symbol like this in the game? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It was an accident he didn't mean for it to harm anyone only for it to fit in the game. I probably wouldn't of even noticed it until someone brought it up, I don't think it's that big of a deal of how people are making it. Were only human it's in are are blood to commonly make mistakes.

• I would feel embarrassed and ask them to change it before to many people saw it so then it would not make really big news. If I was playing destiny 2 and I saw this I would probably report the issue to Bungie so then can see what is going on.

• I would probably just make the game makers aware of the flag and ask them to change it. I don't believe it was intentional so i wouldn't have a major problem with it as long as it was changed

• if i was the game developer i would have been really mad that me and  my teem didn't see this before the release of the game because that doesn't just look bad on me and my teem, that looks bad on the company as a hole 

i am a fan of this game i heard of this as it came out i was kinda shocked to see that bungle didn't see this on there final check through of the game before letting  people play it. it didn't really bother me all that much but i know some people that it did bother and i honestly don't think it was intentional i think they just missed it in the final run through.

• Yeah. In my opinion it may have been an inside joke somehow or a coincidence on Bungies part. As a Destiny 2 player, and one that plays the game frequently, I didn't really think much of it, I just thought it was interesting to an extent. 

• I would be angry at the person who created that and put it in the game because it makes the whole company look bad for one person's actions. If I was a fan of this game, I would be very disappointed in the person who put this in the game, and also upset that other people might judge me for playing a game with this symbol in it.

• Well first I would figure out if it was intentional, it seems like it wasn't, so I would warn against future offense then move on. I would also remove it for legal reasons and make sure that the person who put it in would understand that it wasn't the smartest thing. Truthfully, I really wouldn't care if it was in the game. 

• I would most likely take it out of the game, but most people wouldn't notice something like that so maybe they made it, but didn't think it had a meaning like that. I would most likely play it still because they're being professional about it and taking it out to make sure all of their fans are content with their game. 

• If I was a game developer I would just let it be unless it made a problem and if it did make a problem i would just have to take it out. If I was a person that played the game then I would just probably keep playing the game

• 1 - I would feel embarrassed and angry at whoever that worked for the company put something like that in the game. Companies that make games can loose a lot of money over things like this so I would be concerned for the company and if it was going to be able to be kept running after something like this. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker