Are Energy Drinks Good or Bad for Your Health?

Over the years energy drinks have been very popular amongst teens and college students who need a energy boost. However, the health of these energy drinks are a hot topic and a very big debate. most people say that these energy drinks can offer some benefits and others say there is crucial ingredients and potential health risks and may have many bad effects on the body. But what is your opinion?

Why energy drinks might be bad?Energy drinks contain a combination of caffeine, sugar, vitamins, and other compounds. Most energy drinks have a lot of sugar which can be very bad for you. Every energy drink has caffeine and caffeine is an addictive ingredient that increases your heart rate. Also, most energy drinks contain more than double of the recommended daily intake of sugar in a single serving. 

Why energy drinks might be good for you? Some energy drinks have certain benefits like for example caffeine can make you improve physical performance and decrease being tired during exercise on a day-to-day basis. Some of energy drinks also say that they contain natural ingredients. 

Health risks and concerns- Even though some of these energy drinks may contain potential benefits there are also health risks with these energy drinks . High caffeine intake can lead to increased heart rate, high blood pressure, and feeling jittery. also, the high sugar in the energy drinks can contribute to obesity, dental problems, and risk of type two diabetes.

In my opinion, I feel like some energy drinks are better than others, as when they don’t have a lot of milligrams of caffeine and have more than just one benefit towards your health . 

Do you think there should be an age restriction on energy drinks? 

Do you think the marketing of the brand is targeted towards teens and young adults rather than adults? 

Do you think energy drinks are good or bad for you? 

https://www.webmd.com/diet/video/truth-about-energy-drinks 

https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/nutrition/energy.htm#:~:text=These%20legal%20stimulants%20can%20increase,%2C%20heart%20rate%2C%20and%20breathing.&text=These%20drinks%20are%20often%20used,effect%20on%20the%20nervous%20system. 

https://www.mcieast.marines.mil/Portals/33/Documents/Safety/Abuse/EnergyDrinksHandout.pdf

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with how you are saying that energy drinks should have an age limit because they truly are VERY bad for your heart especially when you are still growing.

• Personally I think energy drinks are very bad for you. Even if you do drink them I think they should be age restricted like 13+ years should be able to drink them. Yes I do think their age is targeted specifically for younger people because of their bright color bottles.

• I agree with you, because they should have all energy drinks restriced to 13+ .  And I agree with you, they are targeted towatds young people. 

• There probably should be an age restriciton but I highly doubt that anybody would follow the rules so there would be no point. I do believe that the marketing is more focused on teens then adults because typically teenagers are most the of people buying the product. I do believe that they are bad for you but people will still drink them anyways.

• I agree with the fact that if they did set an age limit for energy drinks no one would follow them and also they are targeting teens because they are buying the most.

• I beleive that there should be a age restriction on enegry drinks. The caffeine content and other stimulants can have a negative effect on the youth. Their body is still developing and the caffeine is just messing it up. Caffiene leads up things such as anxiety, and jitteriness. Many energy drinks have a high sugar content, and could give you weight gain, and dental problems. Overall I think they should have a age restriction because the last thing I would like to see is a five year old drinking a energy drink. 

• I agree because, there are always more negative than positivein any energy drinks. I agree with having an age restriction to prevent health issues in the younger generations.

• I think energy drinks should have a restricition especially for age and how many you drink per day or week. I think the marketing targets toward teenagers and young adults because you see a lot more teens and young adults drinking energy drinks than adults. I think some energy drinks can be good for you but I also think there are some that can be bad for you.

• I think energy drinks should have an age restriction. I think children under the age of 10 shouldnt' be drinking them. Also I think that marketing companies make it so that their products are more appeling to kids via the bright and fun colors of their products. 

• I think energy drinks shouldn't have an age restriction because it is their life and they can choose what they want to do. I think all of the bright colors are making kids get them at younger ages. I think that they are until your immune system is old enough and developed enough.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker