It's interesting how gaming developers manage to make a character look like a celebrity without even trying. It's even more interesting that they can do this by accident, but when developers attempt to do it on purpose, it doesn't really work out for them. Here are a few examples of these video game characters and their celebrity look-alikes.

Here we have Sgt. Edward Buck from Halo and actor Nathan Fillion (Firefly). Their striking resemblance makes it looks like the creators of Halo totally meant to do that. However, that was not the case. As usual.

This next picture is of Ardeth of the Medjai from the Mummy and The Mummy Returns next to Salim, the leader of a small Arabic tribe from the Uncharted 3. Both of these characters serve basically to the same purpose to the protagonists of the Mummy and Uncharted by acting as guides through a desert.

Other gaming/celebrity look-alikes include:

John Marston from Red Dead Redemption and his astonishing resemblance to both Eddie Vedder (singer/songwriter) and Gary Oldman (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).

Commander Shepard from Mass Effect and Christian Bale from The Dark Knight.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This is a very cool concept on the fact that humans naturally create what they know, or have seen. So it would be completely normal for instances like this, but it also is very unusual, considering that it is mostly by accident. Their own subconscious makes them develop these choices without real thinking. Very cool article! 

• I think it's interesting that these characters look like celebrities. I've never noticed that some video game characters look so much like celebrities. It's very weird that they look so much alike without trying to do that.

• I think that this is very weird, interesting, and coincidental that this could happen. Especially making them look alike without even trying to. People that create these games truly are amazing. I have never really noticed this until now, but I will make sure to keep an eye out from now on!

• I think it is really interesting how certain things can remind you of something famous. The people that create these look a likes are very creative. I am not the very creative type so if I had to create something it probably wouldn't look like a celebrity at all.

• I think that that is pretty interesting how things like that happen without another really thinking about doing that. They might not even know the celebrity that the character looks like. I don't really notice that because I don't really play video games often to see these kinds of things. 

• I think it is pretty cool that things like that happen without anyone trying to make it happen and that when they do try that it doesn't turn out I mean I haven't noticed it but I also do not play video games very often but it is definitely cool that things like that happen and how much they can make them look like real actors or famous people

• Now if they really don't intend on these people looking alike than I do wonder how they come up with character designs. Because if you are like me and like filming kinds of research you know that when designing a character the artist often do use a real human likeness to base their design off of. For instance maybe it was not intentional for these character to look like these actors but maybe it was based of their design inspiration. In the upcoming video game Star Wars Battlefront 2, the campaign revolves around a group called the inferno squad. The characters in they game have actual actors playing them using motion capture technology. But other characters in the game are a completely digital creation. So weather or not this is truly a coincidence or not is up to what you want to believe. 

• That is very interesting thing that happens I guess I haven't really noticed that because I don't really play video games enough to catch those kinds of things. That is really cool though that it turned out that way! 

• wow this is crazy! It would be weird to have a look a like in a videogame when the game has nothing to do with you.
  • They do loko the same. I haven't played Red Dead Remption for like 3 months. I forgot who John Marston was, haha. I don't see how John Marston and Gary Oldman look the same.
This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker