The two US Navy destroyers involved in deadly collisions in the Pacific this summer both had lengthy records of failure to fulfill key training requirements, according to Government Accountability Office data. The USS Fitzgerald had expired training certification for 10 out of 10 key warfare mission areas in June, and the USS John S. McCain had let its certifications lapse in six out of the 10 mission areas. Even though these ships are not the only ships to not have their staff not fully trained but since this incident they are going to be more strict on training and hopefully this will never happen again 

Questions 

1. What would you do if you were the caption and knew that your crew was not full trained?

2. Would you sail again even if you were apart of sinking on of the ships? 

Answers

I would have not sailed out until i knew my full crew was fully trained and knew exactly what they were spouse to do in any situation

No i would not because i would be so paranoid to sail again and hit another ship 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your summary is fine but your didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 20 points.

• I think that I would have just not captained that ship. If your crew isn't trained there is no reason to go out on the water.

I don't think my mind would let me do that. I would fear every time I got on a boat.

• If I was the captain and I knew my crew wasn't trained I wouldn't allow them to work on the ship. With all the risks of the sea I think that it't kinda stupid of them to still run the ship without trained workers. 

• If I was the caption and knew that my crew had not finished their training the right way, I would have forced them to finish the training so that they would know what to do while were at sea. I don't think I would want to sail a ship again after this incident, because it would be a very traumatic experience. 

• 1. If I were the captain and was aware of my crew not being fully trained, I would have made sure to find ways for them to fulfill training requirements, in order to be prepared to be out on the water.

2. Yes, I would sail again even if I was a part of sinking one of the ships. I would want to push myself to complete training requirements along with the rest of my crew. 

• Have them sent back to be fully trained, so accidents that do occur won't be because of untrained soldiers. No because I would be scared that the ship would start sinking again.

• I would be upset because I need a crew that knows what they're doing so no one gets hurt. I hate the water so I wouldn't be on a boat in the first place but If I was I wouldn't get on another boat ever.

• I would be mad, I wouldn't want to go out on a mission with untrained crew. I think I would probably be terrified to go on a ship again. I would try to talk myself down, but I don't know how I would react.

• 1. I would make sure that my crew was fully trained and capable of anything that could happen. Also not allow them to go out to do anything without proper training. 

2. I would because it would be fun to expierence that and it wasn't their fault it wasn't checked. 

• I would send them back to the Navy training facility and have them fully trained, then I would ask for some fully trained Navy men. Yes because the odds of it happening again are slim and  if there is enough life rafts it will be okay.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker