the Equifax hack

about a week ago a large corporation called Equifax declared they were hacked for the information required to invade the lives of one hundred and forty three million people. If that wasn't bad enough the attack occurred a month ago right before three major investors in Equifax sells two million in shares each. As of the moment no one knows who exactly is responsible for the hack but some are blaming Equifax for the attacks success. their main point being that Equifax would much rather take a few days worth of bad publicity than spend the money to upgrade their cyber defenses. more on that point being even if a high ranking member of Equifax is fired for this laziness the fired would leave with a couple millions in compensation.It seams attacks like theses inspire a mentally that the large corporations are impervious to the harms that can befall the middle or lower class because of their unwilling to fully commit to the job they are paid and advertised for. which in comparison to amount of leeway most people get in this industry is quite a steep contrast.

how would you feel if you were one of the many leaked names?

what is your view on the almost invincible nature of corporations?

I would feel betrayed at the sheer disregard the company has for my life and it's willingness to throw me under the bus to save them money they promised to protect us with.

it is a sad thing to admit but true nonetheless with the power they gain from

working with millions makes a unrelenting machine bent on conquering more and more

get the full story here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good story choice Steven. Be sure to capitalize letters that should be. Also, be sure to reply to student comments as it is worth 20 points. -5 late

• 1. If my info was leaked to some complete stranger, I'd be pretty panicked and upset with Equifax, especially since they're taking in criticism. I would also feel anger to whoever this hacker was. It was a selfish act and it put millions of lives at risk.

2. If a company cares more about making money than helping their customers, that's not a company I'd trust to keep my info safe. 

• I would feel really scared, you never know who might have your information. Sometimes I feel like corporations think they can do whatever they want and get away with it. You hear stories on the news about a large corporation covering something up, usually something unethical or even illegal.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker