Revolutionary Zero1 Football Helmets May Reduce Brain Injuries

For many years Football helmets did a great job at preventing scull fractures, but haven't been very helpful to a player when it comes to brain injuries. Football helmets today just aren't designed to do that, in result many kids across the country do not play anymore in fear of long term effects. The new Zero1 helmet is designed to make the game safer with four layers to the helmet. The 1st layer deforms when it is hit, slowing the impact, the second layer is a softer reflex layer for absorption. The last two layers are to protect against skull fractures with a thin hard shell and for comfort with a soft padding on the inside. Although the price of this helmet is $1500 per helmet I think this helmet can change the game.

The Story

1. How well do you think this new helmet will work?

2. Do you think high schools will buy these new expensive helmets?

I think this helmet will work a lot better than the traditional helmets we are using now, I think high schools will buy a few helmets every year because it is too expensive to buy everyone the Zero1.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Alex!

• It might work a little bit but will not prevent all head injuries. If it actually works then I think high schools will buy them.

• I think the helmet could really effect play in a positive way, helping players be safer and feel safer. But that is a pretty penny to pay. Things like these may be expensive but I believe are worth it in the end.

• This helmet sounds like it would be safer than the helmets that most players use now. I don't think that a lot of high schools will buy it right away, since it is so expensive, but I think that as years go by, more schools will buy it because they will be able to afford more.

• I agree with what you said Katelyn. If this helmet really can not only prevent scull fractures, but also prevent brain injuries, it could be a major step forward in trying to make football the safest it can possibly be. I also thought the price was a bit expensive, especially for high schools. That made me wonder if many high schools won't be interested due to the fact that it's just high school football.

• I think that the helmet works great or well I hope it does because at that price I would want the best of the best. I think that the schools that have the money will buy them for the safety. It should make players feel more comfortable playing football.

• I think this new helmet will help reduce head injuries. I don't think many high schools will buy these new helmets but after a couple of years when the price goes down I believe we'll see these helmets everywhere.

• I do not think that high schools will buy the new helmets. Not that they aren't concerned with the safety of the kids, they just do not have the funds. Even still, some coaches will think it would be a waste of money if they haven't had a major injury to a player yet. They would say don't fix what isn't broken which is honestly the horrific truth. 

• 1. I think if they have tested the helmet on many people then maybe it will work better than the helmets we use now. 2. I don't think high schools will buy these unless their football team has many reports of concussions or are a very competitive team.

• I think that this new helmet sounds amazing. It would make the game safer and it would also prevent many life threatening injuries to the brain. However, I don't think that high schools will buy these helmets because they are very expensive. There would probably have to be budget cuts and nobody likes budget cuts.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker