Revolutionary Zero1 Football Helmets May Reduce Brain Injuries

For many years Football helmets did a great job at preventing scull fractures, but haven't been very helpful to a player when it comes to brain injuries. Football helmets today just aren't designed to do that, in result many kids across the country do not play anymore in fear of long term effects. The new Zero1 helmet is designed to make the game safer with four layers to the helmet. The 1st layer deforms when it is hit, slowing the impact, the second layer is a softer reflex layer for absorption. The last two layers are to protect against skull fractures with a thin hard shell and for comfort with a soft padding on the inside. Although the price of this helmet is $1500 per helmet I think this helmet can change the game.

The Story

1. How well do you think this new helmet will work?

2. Do you think high schools will buy these new expensive helmets?

I think this helmet will work a lot better than the traditional helmets we are using now, I think high schools will buy a few helmets every year because it is too expensive to buy everyone the Zero1.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It seems like it would really absorb hits well. I think it's a good idea to increase the safety features on helmets. I don't think schools will pay for them, especially the smaller schools, the helmets are kind of expensive.

• The helmets are very expensive, I was thinking maybe some schools will buy a couple of them just to test them out.

• According to the article and some of the experts involved in the statements within, the helmet won't completely prevent all concussions but it be very effective in reducing them. I don't think high schools will buy these helmets because they're $1.500 a piece. There isn't a single school that has that much money laying around. Each program is given a certain amount of money, and these helmets are too expensive for any football team's budget. 

• Yes, the tests conducted showed that even at the highest possible hits to the head the force would be greatly reduced.

• I think these new helmets will work much better than the standard football helmets now. There will still be a brain injury risk but it's great to have this new innovation. I don't think high schools will purchase these helmets at least until they have the money or are in great need of them.

• The hope of NFL teams and Colleges trying them out right now are hoping that concussions per year goes down immediately. 

• If the helmet is designed well, it should work. I think the several layers is a great design idea and I hope it works well! I think the NFL would definitely invest in these, but they are too expensive for high schools to be able to afford.

• I believe that this helmet would work better than the ones football teams are using now. The only issue with these helmets is that they cost a lot of money and schools can't afford to buy so many of them for all of their football players. I doubt that any high school team is going to be buying enough of these helmets for all of their players within the next decade. They will wait until the price is lowered, or newer technology comes out and the Zero1 helmets are cheaper. 

• I think these helmets will work great. They will at least work better than regular helmets since they have several layers of padding and features designed to specifically protect the head. I think more wealthy high schools will buy them since they have more money.

• 1. pretty well if they test it and it works and show of graph and see how many student get injuries or not

2. Depend if they have the money school want student to be safe while playing football. So depend if they have to money

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker