Revolutionary Zero1 Football Helmets May Reduce Brain Injuries

For many years Football helmets did a great job at preventing scull fractures, but haven't been very helpful to a player when it comes to brain injuries. Football helmets today just aren't designed to do that, in result many kids across the country do not play anymore in fear of long term effects. The new Zero1 helmet is designed to make the game safer with four layers to the helmet. The 1st layer deforms when it is hit, slowing the impact, the second layer is a softer reflex layer for absorption. The last two layers are to protect against skull fractures with a thin hard shell and for comfort with a soft padding on the inside. Although the price of this helmet is $1500 per helmet I think this helmet can change the game.

The Story

1. How well do you think this new helmet will work?

2. Do you think high schools will buy these new expensive helmets?

I think this helmet will work a lot better than the traditional helmets we are using now, I think high schools will buy a few helmets every year because it is too expensive to buy everyone the Zero1.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1) I personally don't think everything works perfectly and there is always human error, but I would like to give it a try

2) I think some high schools will buy the helmet just for safety reasons but otherwise no I think they will stick to the same ones or until the Zero 1's are cheaper they won't buy them

• I think that these helmets will be a very helpful at preventing scull fractures or any brain injuries including concussions. I also feel that most parents will let their children play football because of these new helmets that will possibly be much safer then the traditional helmet. Although, I don't think high schools will buy these new expensive helmets. Some schools with a large football program and a large amount of money might, but most schools will more then likely just get a few new helmets each year. 

• I think this new helmet will be very beneficial at now only preventing scull fractures, but also preventing brain injuries. If these helmets work, they might also help bring up the number of kids who want to play football, due to the fact that these helmets could possibly be much safer than traditional helmets. However, I'm not sure if high schools will buy these new expensive helmets. Like you said, maybe schools will buy a few new helmets each year. But schools that don't have a large football program might not see any use in buying new helmets. 

• I agree with this, although I think it is worth it if schools don't have a big program.

• I think they could possibly save peoples lives because coming from someone who has had a concussion you really don't know exactly if you have one so making something that could would be great I do think it will work because it is so expensive. I think maybe after it becomes more popular and affordable yes they will.

• I do agree with this and you might not know if you have a concussion but the players' heads would not hurt at all.

• I think the helmet will help somehow but I don't think its worth the money for high schools just because its just high school sports. The company could maybe give schools a deal if they bought so many but otherwise I don't think its worth it. 

• I think the company might keep working with schools and colleges for reduced prices on the helmets so they can be afforded.

• 1. I think this helmet will help protecting the skull but I don't know if it will be 100% protective

2. Certain high schools that have a lot of money and are big on football, I think they might consider buying them for the team.

These helmets are very expensive and I think they could possibly help protect players heads during the game.

• No helmet can be 100% protective against hits but every new innovation will help the safety.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker