A bomb was detonated on a packed subway train during rush hour. In Parson Green Station of London 29 people were injured from the impact of the bomb. This attack was considered a terrorists attack and the threat level of Britain has increased to critical. No one has been linked to the bomber yet but police are searching for answers. The police are scanning over over surveillance footage, running forensic files, and asking witnesses about what they experienced. Most witnesses described the explosion as a red, hot, fiery ball of flames that came so fast that no one was ready for it. Many of the victims of the attack had injuries including burns, singed skin, and being trampled. This incident is still under investigation.

Hyper link to the story: Link

Questions:

1. If you were on the subway while the bomb went off, what would you do?

2. If you found out that a family member was on that subway, what would be your first action?

My answers:

1. If I were on the subway when the bomb went off I would take cover immediately. After the subway was cleared of bombs I would try to help the more injured victims of the attack. I would also contact my family to let them know that I was okay right away. 

2. If I found out that a family member could have possibly been on there I would call them right away to make sure that they were alright. If it was serious, I would try to get to London as quick as possible to comfort them in any way I could. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• If I was on the subway when a bomb was detonated, I'd probably be injured. If I was not hurt, I would help others and make sure they get the help they need. If a family was there, all I could really do is wait for their call. I would try to get to London to visit and relish their safety.  

• I agree that if you were not hurt that it is important to try and help as many people as you could in that situation. It is also important that you keep in contact with your family if either you or your family happened to be in that attack. 

• I would try to get out of the subway as fast a possible, but tried to be as calm and orderly as possible. I would try to call them and gather the rest of my family to go help them out as soon as possible. 

• If i was on the subway when the bomb went off my first instincts would be to duck for cover and try to protect myself then go and help other people try to get help. If I found out that one of my family members were on the subway I would call them if I was far away and if I was close by I would go to where it happened and try to find them.

• That is a typical first instinct and reaction if something that horrific happened. I agree with you that it is a good idea to help other people if they are more injured than you are. I would also go there to the scene and see if I could find them. 

• I would want to get off and get as far away as I can because of the chance of another bomb near by. I would be scared and hoping that nothing happened to them. Then I would probably try to go and help if they were near by.

• If I was on the subway when the bomb went off there wouldn't be much I can do. It would of probably got me to in it's path. But if I wasn't by it my fist instinct would be to help the injured out. Then if they were physically able I would let them use my phone to call loved ones because, their live mean more than mine right now. Then after everyone was helped I would call my family and tell them I was alright and I'll be hoe soon.

• I believe that if the bomb didn't injure you as much as others, you should help anyone in anyway that you could. I like that you would let them use your phone because it is important to let family know that you and others were okay. 

• If I was there I would move, I can find my parents or whoever I was with later, just move. Im not a very loud person so I wouldn't want to shove people, but a slow and steady gets everyone out of the way, not stampeding to the exit. My sister this summer actually was on the phone with me when she was in London in a subway like that and if that were to happen to her I would not know what to do, it would be to surreal.

• I would try and get off of the thing as soon as possible. I would probably be terrified and shocked all at once. If somebody I knew was even around the area i would try and contact them or there family immediately to see if they are ok.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker