A bomb was detonated on a packed subway train during rush hour. In Parson Green Station of London 29 people were injured from the impact of the bomb. This attack was considered a terrorists attack and the threat level of Britain has increased to critical. No one has been linked to the bomber yet but police are searching for answers. The police are scanning over over surveillance footage, running forensic files, and asking witnesses about what they experienced. Most witnesses described the explosion as a red, hot, fiery ball of flames that came so fast that no one was ready for it. Many of the victims of the attack had injuries including burns, singed skin, and being trampled. This incident is still under investigation.

Hyper link to the story: Link

Questions:

1. If you were on the subway while the bomb went off, what would you do?

2. If you found out that a family member was on that subway, what would be your first action?

My answers:

1. If I were on the subway when the bomb went off I would take cover immediately. After the subway was cleared of bombs I would try to help the more injured victims of the attack. I would also contact my family to let them know that I was okay right away. 

2. If I found out that a family member could have possibly been on there I would call them right away to make sure that they were alright. If it was serious, I would try to get to London as quick as possible to comfort them in any way I could. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you that anyone that was critically hurt in the bomb would need immediate help. I would also try to help people who were in shock from what just happened. I would also call my family to make sure that no one was killed or seriously injured. 

• if I was on the subway when it blew up I would have tried to make myself small as possible so I would try and not get hurt. if I found out that a family member was on that subway I would have done everything I could of to try and stop that subway from hurting my family member. I would also make sure she is alive and not dead by asking all the police and firemen.

• I wouldn't know what to do because there wouldn't be enough reaction time to get yourself in a safe position. If I couldn't get away from the bomb I would just put my head down and cover it with my hands and hope for the best. If I found out a family member was on the subway I would try and get a hold of someone that was near them but I would not go over and see them because you never know if the terrorists have anything else planned. 

• I would try to leave as quickly as possible while helping those with me. I would call them right away and be very worried!

• It sounds like they didn't have much time to react to the bomb. If I was on the subway, after everyone was evacuated from the subway, I would contact my family and friends to ensure them that I am safe. If I found out that a family member was on the subway, I would try to contact them to make sure they are safe.

• If I were on the subway when the bomb went off, if I wasn't affected from the explosion, I would try to help those who were and try to calm people down from all the chaos going on. If I found out that a family member was on that subway, I would first try to get in contact with them or someone else there to find out whether the family member was injured or not, then proceed depending on the state of the family member. 

• I would probably start trying to get off if a bomb went of in the subway I was in because if one bomb went off then there are most likely others. If they kept going off I would try to find some safe place to take cover. To try to find out if there alive or not then if I couldn't get a hold of them then I would got to the hospital that they were taking the victims to.

• Well your first question has me confused because if I was there and the bomb went off I mean what can I do? You are already in the action and like those 29 people you would probably deal with the effects of the blast. If you are suggesting if you knew ahead of time about the bomb I would leave the station but try to warn as many people as I can. If I found out that a family member was there my first reaction would be to try to find out if they were alive and if so how there condition was after the blast. 

• i would try and help as meany people as i  could try and calm people down then call my family and tell them that i am fine. if a family member was on the train i would try and find them and see if there alright and if there fine i would have them help me help other people 

• It would depend on how close I was to the bomb when it went off because I might be one of the people that were injured but if I wasn't close to it I would try to help or get people off of the subway. I would obviously try to help them out.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker