A bomb was detonated on a packed subway train during rush hour. In Parson Green Station of London 29 people were injured from the impact of the bomb. This attack was considered a terrorists attack and the threat level of Britain has increased to critical. No one has been linked to the bomber yet but police are searching for answers. The police are scanning over over surveillance footage, running forensic files, and asking witnesses about what they experienced. Most witnesses described the explosion as a red, hot, fiery ball of flames that came so fast that no one was ready for it. Many of the victims of the attack had injuries including burns, singed skin, and being trampled. This incident is still under investigation.

Hyper link to the story: Link

Questions:

1. If you were on the subway while the bomb went off, what would you do?

2. If you found out that a family member was on that subway, what would be your first action?

My answers:

1. If I were on the subway when the bomb went off I would take cover immediately. After the subway was cleared of bombs I would try to help the more injured victims of the attack. I would also contact my family to let them know that I was okay right away. 

2. If I found out that a family member could have possibly been on there I would call them right away to make sure that they were alright. If it was serious, I would try to get to London as quick as possible to comfort them in any way I could. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i would try and get to cover and then get away as quick as possible in case another one went off. my first action would be to contact them and find out if they where ok. and if was bad enough go and try and help them.   

• I would be stunned and terrified. There's an explosive going off right in front of me, that sounds like a nightmare. If my family was on the Subway, I would be super mad at whoever planted and detonated the bomb. If my family survived, I would be glad that they didn't get critically injured.

• If I was on the subway at the time of the explosion my actions would depend on how close I was to the explosion site. If I was around a bunch of people that took off running in a herd, I would run because the only choices would be to run or get trampled. If I was closer to the explosion and hadn't been harmed, I would try and help those who had been injured, the elderly, or anyone else who might need assistance. I think that in events like this it's a reminder of 9/11. Anyone with a loved one that might be involved would be extremely worried and calling that person nonstop. I would want to find out if that person was okay so I would call them, but I would never rush to the scene because then I might be in the way of help.

• If I was in the subway when the bomb went off, I would be very confused and unaware of what was happening. I would be scared if a bomb went off, and if no one knew who made it go off. If one of my family members was in the subway and I wasn't by them, I would run through the area to try and locate them. It would be so chaotic and noisy, but I would try to find them through the confusion. 

• You would have to find something to get under of just anything to protect yourself. If I found out a family member was in this situation, I would get ahold of them and let them know everything is ok. 

• I guess I would just duck under something and try to protect myself the best I could. I would try to protect my head the most. If I found out that one of my family members were on the subway I would call them if I was far away and if I was close by I would go to where it happened and try to find them.

• 1. I may had freeze trying to figure out what just happen.

2. Call them to make sure they are ok and not injured 

• 1. I would have no clue what to do. I guess I would just take it all in; eventually taking my first step and helping others.

2. If they had the travel plan for Great Britian's reception, I would try to call them as soon as I was notified. I would be scared and anxious, especially if they were one of my closest family members.  

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker