Plowed down by a Porsche!

People at a car show in Boise, Idaho, got the surprise of a lifetime. A Porsche drove into a crowd of spectators injurying 11. The driver of the Porsche was said to be leaving the event when they lost control of the car and ran into the spectators. Police say that the driver is cooperating with their investigation. So far there aren't any fatalities only injuries. There were children injured in the accident. An attendee says that he regrets leaving after it happened but he also didn't want his 12-year-old kid to see this kind of horror.

Link

Questions

1. What would you do if you were there?

2. How do you think the driver lost control?

If I was there I would help the injured. I would try to calm the other spectators so that it was a calmer scene for the medical help to work with. I think that he was probably just showing off while leaving and didn't do something right. He also could of been new to the car and not known how to fully control it.  

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Cassie!

• I would help the injured people if I could. I would also try to calm people down so things didn't get worse. I feel like the person driving was trying to show off or he wasn't an experienced driver.

• If I wasn't hurt I would yell at the driver and tell him to figure out his car. He was probably on his phone and was being stupid. 

• If I saw what would of happen I would of been in shock I would think who would do this. The injured would be the first priority to take care of get them out of harm's way then worry about the threat. But once I would of figured out what happen there would be no need to be hostile, the man lost control of his vehicle on accident he didn't do this purposely.

• I would have been very surprised and would wonder what happened.

I think that he was trying to show off in his car and he lost control with the power of the car.

• I would do what ever I could to help out the ones that needed medical attention. It isn't very uncommon for people to loose control of there vehicles while driving special now a days with technology and cell phones. The cause could be as simple as spilling a coffee and as complex as the the steering pump failing and loosing pressure making the car swerve uncontrollably.

• I would be really shocked not knowing if it was just an accident or some kind of terrorist attack. I feel like I would try and help the people that were injured. The driver was most likely texting and he wasn't paying attention, he may also just have a lead foot.

• i would have stayed and helped if i wasn't hurt. And i also would want to know what the driver was thinking. it can be a number of different ways. a tire could have lost traction for a split second or he could have been showing off. or maybe the engine was messed with.

• If I was there when this happened I would first call the paramedics and make sure that the people struck by the car were still conscious/or still alive, and if they were I would try to make sure they kept speaking to me so they didn't pass out. i think that he wasn't familiar with the car and probably lost control of the car. 

• I agree that it would be good to make sure that they stay awake and conscious. Making sure they are still alive would be a good start to helping the people out. He should of been familiar with the car before taking it to the car show and risking it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker