Plowed down by a Porsche!

People at a car show in Boise, Idaho, got the surprise of a lifetime. A Porsche drove into a crowd of spectators injurying 11. The driver of the Porsche was said to be leaving the event when they lost control of the car and ran into the spectators. Police say that the driver is cooperating with their investigation. So far there aren't any fatalities only injuries. There were children injured in the accident. An attendee says that he regrets leaving after it happened but he also didn't want his 12-year-old kid to see this kind of horror.

Link

Questions

1. What would you do if you were there?

2. How do you think the driver lost control?

If I was there I would help the injured. I would try to calm the other spectators so that it was a calmer scene for the medical help to work with. I think that he was probably just showing off while leaving and didn't do something right. He also could of been new to the car and not known how to fully control it.  

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• if I were there and could see the car heading towards me and the rest of the crowd I probably wouldn't even think to warn people and would just get ou of there. That is a scary situation to be in. And i'm not sue how exactly he lost control of the car. I don't know enough like the terrain. But I assume if he was leaving when he tried to find a way around the crowd he must have had some panic reaction or car malfunction to cause this kind of accident. 

• It would be very scary to see the car coming towards you. I wouldn't know where to run because who knows what the driver would do. I also would be frozen in my spot when first seeing the fast moving car coming towards me. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • I would freak out too but would try to keep a level head in the hectic time. People should stop trying to show off at car shows because this is how many people get injured at these events. I wish people would start understanding that.

• If I was there I would be mad

I think the driver could've been showing off as he was leaving, maybe thinking he was a hotshot or something. So he probably lost control because of that

• Its a common thing for people at car shows to think that they are hot shots when they really aren't. He probably doesn't believe that he is a hot shot anymore after what happened.

• I would go see if the people needed any help. He was probably trying to show off his car,and he lost control of it. (because it is a car show that this happened)

• There is a big stereo type involved with car shows. I think that its a stereo type that needs to be broken by not doing things that could endanger people in the surrounding area. If you are thinking of doing such a thing you should first know what your doing and if the car can take it. I am not encouraging this type of reckless driving but its just a thought.

• I would probably look to see if everyone was OK first, making sure no one was pinned under and get those that are out. In many situations like these action must be taken quicky before things get out of control. I think he was probably doing a burn out or drift, did something wrong, and smashed into the crowd.

• I never thought to check under the car to make sure there wasn't anyone trapped. He could of lost control while showing off like a burn out or a drift. I agree that he had done something wrong in the situation that he was under.

• I would  try to help whoever I could and get away from the scene as soon as possible to avoid further injury. The driver could have been distracted by a cellphone, or anything really.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker