NFL players taking the kneel during the National Anthem

On Sunday morning Donald tweeted out that NFL organizations should be suspending or releasing player who take a kneel. As The NFL kicked off early this Sunday in London with the ravens vs. jaguars. Both teams took theirs chance to show how they felt upon the situation. Many Baltimore players took the kneel and locked arms in unity defying the presidents wishes. While the Jacksonville Jaguars took a different approach, most of the team stood and locked arms still showing the teams unity and passion on the subject.

Read more here

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/24/us/nfl-trump-take-knee-protests/index.html

Questions

1. Do you think its all right for players to take the kneel?

2. Do you agree with the presidents comments?

3. What would you do if you were on a team and the National Anthem is playing?

I personally believe it is more than all right for them to stand up for what they believe in. I don't think they are disrespecting the flag or anthem because they are not kneeling for that reason but because someone is attacking their profession. I do and I do not agree with the presidents comments, I do because he has a right to say what he believes because this is America. I do not because he is attacking someone else's belief and that is not ok because this is America and people have the right to believe in what they believe in. I would stand for the anthem because I have family members in the service and I want to always respect what those men and women do for this great nation.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• You have a very good way of looking at things. I also think they are trying to just stick it to the president because it was not nearly as big of a deal until he had to speak out against it.

• I think the players have a right to do whatever they want in this situation, but that does not mean it isn't disrespectful and ridiculous. I disagree that the kneeling isn't disrespecting the flag and/or the anthem. I don't agree with the president's comment because that would probably be unconstitutional. When the National Anthem plays, I stand up with my right hand on my heart and my other hand on a teammate's shoulder, as I should do. 

• I do not think that it is right because they are living in the USA and getting a pay check from the USA. I do believe because this is America. I would stand with my hand over my heart. If i was on a team that had some one that was kneeling I would be very mad at them.

• 1. No, its extremely idiotic and should really be punished. But I guess if they are too dumb to realize that nothing they do effects anything then let them be. 

2. Yes, because its dishonoring the national anthem itself

3. Stand proud 

• I totally understand where you might see this as being idiotic but how would one go about punishing them. They might be effecting things it really just to early to tell. Hopefully there movement will correct things so everybody can stand proud and be united again.

• It is an American right for all citizens to exercise their opinion so yes they have a right to take a knee. I don't agree with the presidents comments he has to be smarter and more mature than that. I would stand but lock arms with all my teammates if I were an NFL player.

• I think locking arms is a great example of showing that there is change needed but still showing respect and care for this nation. 

•  I think it is fine for them to kneel during the National Anthem, because it is not physically damaging others. I don't believe in the president's tweet was correct to do. I would like to know, why does he tweet a lot of things? I would stand and face the flag, since I don't want to cause a scene.  

• I guess he tweets a lot because that's how he connects to the general public. I don't think people are bringing this up because of the physical damage it is causing but of the emotional damage. You have to put yourself into the veterans shoes and those shoes of the fallen hero's who fought to save this great nation.

• I don't think it was right for the players to kneel, I think they should support their country. I do believe in the presidents comments because he has the right to do that. But I also don't think he  needed to tweeted it. I would for sure stand for the anthem because it's our country and we need to respect those who serve for our country.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker