NFL players taking the kneel during the National Anthem

On Sunday morning Donald tweeted out that NFL organizations should be suspending or releasing player who take a kneel. As The NFL kicked off early this Sunday in London with the ravens vs. jaguars. Both teams took theirs chance to show how they felt upon the situation. Many Baltimore players took the kneel and locked arms in unity defying the presidents wishes. While the Jacksonville Jaguars took a different approach, most of the team stood and locked arms still showing the teams unity and passion on the subject.

Read more here

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/24/us/nfl-trump-take-knee-protests/index.html

Questions

1. Do you think its all right for players to take the kneel?

2. Do you agree with the presidents comments?

3. What would you do if you were on a team and the National Anthem is playing?

I personally believe it is more than all right for them to stand up for what they believe in. I don't think they are disrespecting the flag or anthem because they are not kneeling for that reason but because someone is attacking their profession. I do and I do not agree with the presidents comments, I do because he has a right to say what he believes because this is America. I do not because he is attacking someone else's belief and that is not ok because this is America and people have the right to believe in what they believe in. I would stand for the anthem because I have family members in the service and I want to always respect what those men and women do for this great nation.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I honestly agree with the kneeling, but if they want to stand that's up to them also. It all comes down to respect, and what they believe in. I do not think it's disrespect. They are respecting the flag at costs, and that's what you are supposed to do. I would stand, just because that is what I am used to, but if someone did decide to kneel then that is okay. 

• 1. I don't see a problem with the kneeling or standing. People can show their respect as long as it is still appropriate.

2. Suspending players for showing respect during the anthem is wrong.  I don't agree with Trump in this case.

3. I think I would just stand, but if everyone else around me started kneeling I'd probably do the same.

• I agree with you that they should keep there way of hearing the anthem appropriate. If they started to get away from things that are still kinda respectful that's where one might have to draw the line. I think that just doing what your team is doing is a great way to show unity so i understand where your point is coming from.

• I think it's fine for them to protest during the anthem, the people that fought and are fighting for our country are doing it so they have the right to do that. Honestly speaking I'm not a big fan of Trump in general already because I don't feel like he handles serious situations correctly. I don't think that he should be shaming and attacking other people beliefs and rights, especially over social media, like Twitter. I would probably stand during the anthem. 

• You are very right in the fact that the people fighting over there are fighting for our right to speak out. I also agree with the fact that him handling big situations poorly or over twitter is a problem that should be addressed. 

• I would stand for the anthem because I have family members who served but I think people can do what they want during the anthem.  I think that the president should understand that people can do what they want during the anthem even if he doesn't agree with it. 

• I think that it is all right for the players to do what they believe is right and to speak their personal opinions on Trump. It's not as they do not like the country anymore, they are just disagreeing with the person in charge and do not believe what he is saying is right. Everyone has the freedom to say what they want on the subject of our president and what he says, the players are just speaking without words.

• I believe that all players should be able to do what they want during that national anthem. People have always stood up, but there is no law stating that's what you have to do. I disagree with the President because he should know that anyone can chose to stand or kneel etc. during the National Anthem. I would stand during the Nation Anthem because that is what I have grown up doing, and in my mind set it is more respect to soldiers.

• You are very right there is no law that states against it. Standing was always taught to show respect, so I would agree with you to stand because that's what we were taught.

• I believe that them standing up for what they believe in is just. I do not agree with the presidents comments. They are using their freedom to show what they believe and the fact that he wants them to be kicked off because they are being free Americans with different beliefs is completely wrong. I would stand, because the flag and anthem is a sign of our freedom but i would also most likely lock arms with the other members to show that it is wrong that the president and other Americans are being unjust.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker