NFL players taking the kneel during the National Anthem

On Sunday morning Donald tweeted out that NFL organizations should be suspending or releasing player who take a kneel. As The NFL kicked off early this Sunday in London with the ravens vs. jaguars. Both teams took theirs chance to show how they felt upon the situation. Many Baltimore players took the kneel and locked arms in unity defying the presidents wishes. While the Jacksonville Jaguars took a different approach, most of the team stood and locked arms still showing the teams unity and passion on the subject.

Read more here

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/24/us/nfl-trump-take-knee-protests/index.html

Questions

1. Do you think its all right for players to take the kneel?

2. Do you agree with the presidents comments?

3. What would you do if you were on a team and the National Anthem is playing?

I personally believe it is more than all right for them to stand up for what they believe in. I don't think they are disrespecting the flag or anthem because they are not kneeling for that reason but because someone is attacking their profession. I do and I do not agree with the presidents comments, I do because he has a right to say what he believes because this is America. I do not because he is attacking someone else's belief and that is not ok because this is America and people have the right to believe in what they believe in. I would stand for the anthem because I have family members in the service and I want to always respect what those men and women do for this great nation.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe that it is not right for players to kneel because I feel its about respect and respecting the men and women serving the country for all of us. I do agree with Trump because he supports our troops and agree with his beliefs. I would stand because that's what i was raised to do and that's what i think is right.

• Yeah I think the players can take a kneel if they want if its what the believe in it there not going to stop doing it. I don't agree with them because they have the right to take a kneel that's their own personal beliefs and they should be able to do it. Well us volleyball girls lock pinkies and then lift our arms up when its done playing but if I were on an NFL football team then I would do whatever the team wants to do.

• 1) I think it's alright for players to take a knee because they are standing up for what they believe in because it is also a right for American Citizens.

2) I don't agree with the President because he's telling them what to do because of his opinion and he's not considering others opinions.

3) I would stand proudly with my hand on my heart because I'm representing my country and those who fight to make it a great country.

• I think that everyone should stand during the national anthem because that's what people have been doing for hundreds of years. It is dumb to change that now. I think that the presidents comments are in the right direction but maybe a little bit unreasonable. If a player does not want to stand he shouldn't lose his job over it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker