Mayweather vs. McGregor

Mayweather defeated McGregor in the 10th round on Saturday night August 26th. This was Mayweather's 50th win. Mayweather passed Rocky Marciano who retired in 1956 with a 49-0. McGregor held up a pretty good fight, but the longer the fight went on the more the gulf grew. McGregor landed 80 punches but compared to Mayweather with 132 that was not enough entering the 10th round. After Mayweather had landed a series of blows the referee called the bell. Mayweather will take home atleast $100 million dollars from this fight, and McGregor will take home a minimum of $30 million. It is very doubtful that Mcgregor and Mayweather regretted this fight, and they may even consider a rematch. 

Questions- 

1.) Who did you want to win the fight?

2.) Do you think this is to much money they are receiving?

3.) Do you think they should have a rematch?

Answers- I'm happy that Mayweather won the fight personally, and I do not think that is to much, because of the fact that they are hurting themselves and someone else the whole time it is going on. I believe they should have a rematch, I mean who knows maybe Mcgregor will win the next one. 

Click here for more. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was rooting for Mayweather on this fight because I do not care for McGregor, money in boxing is huge and it always has been so I do not care how much money that made this fight. They will not have a rematch because Mayweather has retired for the second time and I think he won't come back because now he has the best record of all time and it would be dumb to risk that.

• A lot of people wanted Mayweather to win just because of his record, and not everyone cares about the money, so that is totally okay. I don't think they are going to have another rematch either, but it surely would be fun to watch again. 

• I was rooting for the underdog McGregor but I didn't think he had much of a chance against Mayweather. I think the money was just enough I mean they are both insanely richer now so I don't think it really think money is an issue. I don't think there is gonna be a rematch due to the fact that Mayweather came out of retirement for this fight, and I think McGregor will just go back to the UFC.

• A lot of people had that thinking as well. I agree. You have to look at all of the people watching the fight, and all of the sponsoring that goes into it. You also have to think about yes they have 3-4 matches a year, but not super big ones like this one. I also don't think there will be a rematch just because of the fact that Mayweather wants to retire, but I surely would love to see it. 

• 1. No one i didn't care who win 

2. I think this is to much for them to get paid i mean theirs lot of other jobs that should be paid more than it should be compare to this fight

3. No i have no opinion 

• That's okay if you didn't want anyone to win, not all people are into that. I also believe it is pretty outrageous, but you have to think about all the sponsoring and all of the people watching the fight too. That is okay to not have an opinion, like I said before not everyone is into fighting. 

• I was wanting McGregor to win the fight he had the height advantage and the reach over Mayweather. McGregor is also 29 years old and Mayweather is 40 so McGregor had the odds in his favor. I think the amount of money is outrageous its a crazy amount of money to even think about, but it makes sense, the amount of people paying to watch and sponsors the fighters have makes it understandable. I know they will never have a rematch, neither one wants to risk a loss. Mayweather doesn't want to ruin his 50 - 0 reputation. McGregor doesn't want to loose another fight either, he holds himself to a high enough standards that he doesn't want to loose.

• I agree the age difference was an advantage, and it is a lot of money, but it totally does make sense because of all of the sponsoring and everyone watching the fight. I believe it is very unlikely also because Mayweather wants to be done, but you never know Mcgregor could possibly beat him if he tries harder. 

• 1. Personally, I didn't root for anybody. I was upset at how McGregor was saying racist things of Mayweather, which was uncalled for. I think that they should've been more respectful to each other and McGregor could've shown more integrity. 2. Yes, I think it's great that they get payed for our entertainment as we would have nothing to watch without sports. I also think that it's crazy how the people like doctors, police, etc. who save our lives don't get payed more for saving us than the people who entertain us. 3. I do not think that they should have a rematch. This one was won fair and square and there's no point in having another match.

• I agree the comments are horrible, but if you think about it they have to say bad things about each other. Nobody is going to pay to see a fight if they say they are best friends. And I agree, a whole ton of people pay to watch that fight, and they deserve not only because they deserve it, but because they could get seriously injured, but I agree that doctors should get paid more also because they do save our lives. I disagree.. I believe they should possibly have a rematch. It'd be just like our football team going to state and playing the same team again.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker