Mayweather vs. McGregor

Mayweather defeated McGregor in the 10th round on Saturday night August 26th. This was Mayweather's 50th win. Mayweather passed Rocky Marciano who retired in 1956 with a 49-0. McGregor held up a pretty good fight, but the longer the fight went on the more the gulf grew. McGregor landed 80 punches but compared to Mayweather with 132 that was not enough entering the 10th round. After Mayweather had landed a series of blows the referee called the bell. Mayweather will take home atleast $100 million dollars from this fight, and McGregor will take home a minimum of $30 million. It is very doubtful that Mcgregor and Mayweather regretted this fight, and they may even consider a rematch. 

Questions- 

1.) Who did you want to win the fight?

2.) Do you think this is to much money they are receiving?

3.) Do you think they should have a rematch?

Answers- I'm happy that Mayweather won the fight personally, and I do not think that is to much, because of the fact that they are hurting themselves and someone else the whole time it is going on. I believe they should have a rematch, I mean who knows maybe Mcgregor will win the next one. 

Click here for more. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good job overall! Be sure to comment on three different days.

• 1) Personally I wanted Mayweather to win the fight because he is 40 years old, whereas McGregor is 28. I personally think that the age difference is incredible and how he can still fight like that.

2) No I don't think its to much money because all the advertisement and how much people paid to see the fight equals out.

3) No I do not think there should be a rematch because I think it wouldn't be as good as this first fight. 

• I didn't even know this fight went on so I didn't have a person to root for. This is sports entertainment they're going to receive a large sum amount of money for being famous people. If they enjoyed the fight then yes I'm not going to stop them from fighting each other especially since they make a lot of money.

• 1. Mcgregor 

2. Not at all

3. YES!!! I can not stress the importance of a rematch. First off(I watched the fight)everytime Connor would pop him he would drop and cause him to hammer punch him which is illegal(unless your in the ufc which is what he trained in and use to)and every time he would stun him(hard hit)he would turn and face away from Connor causing him to either hammer punch again or get into a clinch move(also not except able in boxing). Then they would be forced apart and resume, but from the pictures after the fight people that didn't watch the fight presumed Connor got destroyed(he didn't). In fact he beat him in the first 8 rounds according to the judges. Mayweather merely played the cowards tactic throughout the whole match and barely won(hence why he smiled when he almost went down the the 4th round to play it off). Furthermore, in Connors game the honorable thing to do is always ALWAYS finish your opponent off. You don't just cut the fight when they're fatigued, Connor even said himself he wanted to either be put down or keep going but with about 25 seconds they called it so we can presume the reff is either getting 10% or 15% of Mayweathers profits. Beside we can almost confirm another fight due to the fact that what Mayweather earned didn't even cover all of the dept he is in with the IRS.

• I agree, he wanted to use MMA rules, but he couldn't. It would be so incredibly awesome to watch a rematch between the two, but sadly I just don't see it happening, just because Mayweather is already retiring again, and he probably doesn't want to ruin his winning streak, after all he does have the best winning streak of all time, I mean who would want to risk that? 

• I wanted Mayweather to win. I don't think it was to much money because they train and work hard for the one fight. I also think they should not have a rematch because Mayweather won fair and square because overall he is a better fighter. 

• I don't really follow boxing, but I've heard of Mayweather before. I always try to root for the underdog, so I probably would want Mcgregor to win. These two are already probably loaded with money from all the boxing and advertising they do, do they really need 100 million more? I don't really care whether they have a rematch, but I've heard people say Mcgregor was taken out of the round too early, so he might want a rematch.

• That's really cool that you always root for the underdog, way to be supportive. It is a lot of money, but you have to think about the injuries, sponsoring, and all the people that watch it. It would be so awesome to watch a rematch, but it most likely won't happen just because Mayweather is retired. 

• I wanted McGregor to win and I think that maybe if they did MMA rules, McGregor would destroy Mayweather. I don't think this is too much money. I mean boxing is a very dangerous sport (along with MMA). You can get severe concussions, broken arms, and some people have actually died. I think they should have a rematch it'd be kind of cool to see another match.

• I agree Mcgregor would have done a lot better if there were MMA rules. I don't think it is to much either, because of the fact that you can get seriously injured, and there is a lot of sponsoring going on as well. It would be awesome to see a rematch, but sadly, I just don't think that will happen. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker