Iowa's new gun laws

On March 14 a new gun law was passed for Iowa. The bill includes a "stand your ground" provision that says a law-abiding person does not have a duty to retreat before using deadly force. It would also allow people under age 21 to possess a pistol or revolver while under direct supervision of a parent or guardian who is at least 21 years old. It would create a uniform permit to carry weapons and provides for five-year permits to acquire handguns rather than single-year permits.

link

Questions 

how do you feel about this law?

do you feel it is ok to protect your home family and property or let the robber do what ever they want 

my opinion i think this is a good law because can protect your family and your house. if some one tried to enter my house with intent on robbing me or threaten me i would try to stop them to protect me my family and my house. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Personally, I’m not an advocate for more gun rights, I’m on the contrary. Instead, I would like their to be much stricter laws against gun rights. During Barack Obama’s presidency, he had to deliver sixteen speeches regarding mass shootings, more than the amount of times he has hosted state dinners. To think that mass shootings happen very often is absolutely frightening. I would try to protect my family to the best of my abilities, but I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to kill someone.  

• Everyone has a right to protect themselves and feel safe. If owning a gun calm there fears and makes them feel secure I think law-abiding citizens should be able to. I think it is completely okay to protect your family and home, especially in the situation of being robbed.

• I think this is a great law, if it is used for the right purpose. I think that it's good that they passed a law that would protect a person. I also think it's a good idea for kids that are below 21 to have to have a parent or guardian that is at least 21 year old. If a person were to come into my house I would try to talk them out of coming into my house and then if they pulled a gun, I would most likely shoot them because I would just be protecting my house and family.

• i agree i would do the same if i had to 

• Thats really dumb, and I think get rid of guns everywhere because they just cause more problems and overconfidence in doing something bad. For children it doesn't matter if they are under parent supervision if they are jumpy they are going to shoot no matter who you are. No.

• I disagree with that because now not only are you taking away our protection  form other country's  you are now putting people out of a job witch can be even more of a problem than guns 

• I think this will protect everyone and i think that they should be able to protect themselves in anyway. I also feel that if someone comes in your house you should have something to protect you and your family in some sort of way. It is fair if you go and break into a house and get shot. It was your own fault.

• I think it helps people protect themselves and their things. I believe everyone should have the right to protect themselves. I also think it is okay to protect your family and home with belongs instead of just letting the robber get what they want. The robber may also threaten you so you should have the right to protect yourself.

• Everyone has the right to feel safe and own a gun to keep them safe. It would only be right to protect yourself people shouldn't be robbing and or stealing things from other people so they are braking and entering at their own risk. The people have the right to protect themselves.   

• I agree I don't know why people think it is ok to steal things from other people it is illegal

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker