Iowa Ag Community Helping Texas Livestock Farmers

After Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas many Iowans wanted to find ways to help the victims. This Saturday the Iowa Ag community came together to help. Kelly Decious and her husband founded Livestock Family Support Organization 3 days after Hurricane Harvey to help with the livestock farmers of Texas. Through this organization the Harlan FFA and 9 other chapters raised over $3,000to purchase 12 tons of feed from Iowa Ag Bio Fibers. The feed was then shipped to Atlantic, IA to Renew Ag Supplies where it will be loaded on a semi to be sent to Texas. The FFA chapters are now receiving donations from the community and will soon be able to purchase another 12 ton to be shipped. 

Read full Story Here

Questions 

1. How have you helped the victims in Texas?

2. How does it make you feel that local communities are coming together to help the victims in Texas?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and well done! Be sure to comment three different days.

• Unfortunately, I didn't help the victims at all. 

The local communities can be very proud and it makes me happy to see, that they donate and want to help although they aren't affected themselves.

• How can you help with texas and now florida with these disaters? There are many ways to help. I am also very proud of this community for doing this. 

• I have not done anything to help them. I think it's awesome that communities are coming together to help the victims in Texas. Together, we really can make a change.

• I do agree with you that we can come together to make a big difference and our community did that by raising this money and helping the people down in Texas. 

• I haven't done anything to be considered helping anyone. I'm glad that people are helping others and are getting along it almost makes up for the awful things going on with the white supremacists.

• I would disagree that this makes up for what the white supremacists have done. They are horrible people bringing down this country and we should not just forget that they are still in our country. 

• 1) Me personally haven't really done much to help the state of Texas, but I wish I could by giving money, donating food, or just simple stuff like the FFA stuff. I should've helped rather than being stubborn.

2) I personally think its a great thing that the local communities are coming together to help. I think it shows the world that we are one big family and that we take care of each other no matter happens. We always will bounce back on top.

• There are still many ways to help and they will need help for the next couple months and years. I also think its great that we can come together and do this. 

• I would like to say I help out because I am a member in the Harlan FFA club but I personal haven't helped. It makes me feel really good about Iowa because people have always said Iowa is such a giving state and we're living up to it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker