Iowa Ag Community Helping Texas Livestock Farmers

After Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas many Iowans wanted to find ways to help the victims. This Saturday the Iowa Ag community came together to help. Kelly Decious and her husband founded Livestock Family Support Organization 3 days after Hurricane Harvey to help with the livestock farmers of Texas. Through this organization the Harlan FFA and 9 other chapters raised over $3,000to purchase 12 tons of feed from Iowa Ag Bio Fibers. The feed was then shipped to Atlantic, IA to Renew Ag Supplies where it will be loaded on a semi to be sent to Texas. The FFA chapters are now receiving donations from the community and will soon be able to purchase another 12 ton to be shipped. 

Read full Story Here

Questions 

1. How have you helped the victims in Texas?

2. How does it make you feel that local communities are coming together to help the victims in Texas?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Even though you didn't do much you are still apart of a great chapter where every member raises money so we can do things like this. I also feel great about being apart of this town and Iowa. 

• We help out because we are giving feed and animal supplies to the people that have animals in Texas.It makes you feel special donating Ag stuff to Texas.

http://Texas.It/
  • No, I have donated to some of the groups helping people down there out. 

It makes me feel proud of the community that we are helping from a distance. 

• What kind of groups have you donated too? I think its great that you have donated and I know they have received lots of donations. It also makes me feel proud of the community for doing this. 

• Personally I have also not helped with the victims in Texas but I am a part of the Harlan FFA Chapter, and I think that it was a very selfless thing to do of them. It really does impact  the chapter positively. I think that Texas will really appreciate it. It makes me feel grateful that communities around us are coming together to help out the victims in Texas. It really shows that we are helpful and always there. It really makes us feel proud. 

• I agree that will be a huge impact and Texas will really appreciate it. I also this it was a very selfless thing for the Harlan FFA to do.What are some ways you can help in Texas besides donating money?

• 1. I have not done anything personally to help the people effected by the hurricane but I have sent prayers and am part of the Harlan FFA chapter. 

2. It makes me feel like we are a good community and we are full of smart people that care a lot about the heath of others and their animals. 

I am proud to be part of our FFA chapter and if something like this natural disaster happened in Iowa I would hope that people from around the country would do anything they could to help us. Even with more hurricanes coming I hope our country can get through it and we can help out as much as we can. 

• It is good to send prayers because they can use whatever you can give including prayers. I also feel proud to be apart of the FFA chapter and it feels pretty amazing to be able to raise this amount of money.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker