Girl Found Dead in Hotel Freezer

Surveillance video may shed light on the mysterious death of a young Chicago woman whose body was found in a hotel freezer last week.  The case sparked accusations of foul play on social media. Police in Rosemont, Illinois said Kenneka Jenkins, 19, was last seen early Saturday, September 9, at a party at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel. Her family reported her missing later that day, and Jenkins' body was found in the walk-in freezer at the hotel shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday. The results of an autopsy by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office are pending. Surveillance video from inside the Crowne Plaza shows Jenkins staggering through the hotel's hallways early Saturday. In the footage, Jenkins is first seen walking through the hotel with several unidentified people around 1:13 a.m. on that Saturday. She appears to be steady. Two hours later, Jenkins is alone and visibly impaired, and staggers out of the elevator, briefly leaning on the wall for support before heading down the hallway. The last clip shows Jenkins stumbling through the hotel kitchen, which appears to be empty. She walks out of view of the cameras at 3:32 a.m., the last time she was seen before her body was found in the hotel's walk-in freezer. Jenkin's friends said they left Jenkins in the lobby while they went upstairs to grab something. When they returned, she was gone. They said she had "one cup, but that one cup was too much for her". How she ended up in the freezer is unknown. 

To read more, click here.

Questions:

1. What do you think happened to Kenneka Jenkins? 

2.  If you were with Jenkins just a few hours before her death, how  would you feel now?

3.  How is this accident going to affect the hotel business?

Its hard telling what or whom made Kenneka go into the freezer. I think something happened during the party, and her friends wanted to hide the evidence. She could have been bribed into the freezer. I know freezer doors are heavy, so I don't think she could have gotten it open by herself. But intoxication, does crazy things to the mind and body. If I was with Jenkins, I would want the truth to be told. I would feel really bad if she had died because of intoxication. I think this accident will slow business down a little, however, this hotel is in a big city, so business will pick back up. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• i think she locked herself in on accident and froze. i would feel guilty for not staying with her and letting her drink in the first place. i dont think this will affect there business because they had nothing to do with it. 

• I think that she just went by herself and a lot of times those doors don't always open or she couldn't figure out how to open it up from the inside while impaired. I would partially feel it was my fault because you left her alone when she wasn't in her right mind. I don't think it will hurt the hotel too much besides maybe they don't lock the kitchen doors and stuff.

• I think she was probably under the influence of some type and stumbled into the freezer and couldn't get out. I would feel guilty because I probably would have noticed that she was gone and I didn't do anything. I think it could affect the the hotel poorly because you know someone died in there and people get scared of that kind of stuff. 

• Whatever happened, she shouldn't be completely blamed for this incident, accident or not. She was drinking while underage, but the people with her definitely should have protected her more than they did. I would feel awful for not being a good friends and helping her. I think it will poorly affect the hotel's business.

• she stumbled into the freezer and froze she shouldn't be drinking at 19 in the first place. i would feel responsible because i let her drink and now look at the out come. it probibily wont.

• 1. Someone who disliked her probably though they could pull off a murder.

2. Somewhat responsible

3. They'll prolly lose a star on yelp but it might not hurt its rep too bad I mean hotel murders happen often, sucks for the cleaning lady's though.

• I think she was dared to going into the freezer, and was drunk while doing said dare. I would feel guilty, and obviously sad by her sudden death. The hotel could still run, although it would become haunted with her ghost, 

• I think that she got over intoxicated and her body couldnt handle it so it shut down and eventually killed her.

I think that this acident will unfortunatly give the hotel a bad reputation even though they really couldn't have prevented it. 

• She could have been a person who did anything for money and she meet the wrong the guy and he just went completely crazy. 

• I think that she had started hanging with some bad people and they saw they could take advantage of her and grab her money and get rid of her so they put her in the fridge. If I was with her I would have felt very bad and sad that I dis not watch her more and see if anyone might go and try to rob her or anything.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker