Every couple of years, I like to ask students to fill out a teacher evaluation. Most of what I do in my classes is based on feedback from students over the years. I truly appreciate student's opinions, both positive and negative, and actually use them to make myself a better teacher and my classroom a better place to learn.

Please try to comment on things we do in class such as forum posts/leaders, weekly blogs, groups tests, verbal tests, projects, etc. when answering the questions below. If you would prefer to email me directly instead of commenting here, that is fine as well.

1. What did you enjoy about my class this year? What did I do well as a teacher?

2. What are some suggestions on how I could improve myself as a teacher or my class in general? Please be honest as this is where most of what I currently do has come from.

3. My two biggest goals as a teacher is to be fair and consistent to everyone and show passion in what I do each and every day. Do you feel like I have accomplished those two goals this year? If not, please explain.

4. Do you prefer when I lead class or when it is more student project based? 

Also, if you have time, head on over to Rate My Teacher and rate me there as well. I am currently at a 4.61/5.00 which is great!

Thanks for your comments!!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1. I enjoyed the way you taught and approached things for the students, and how everything was straight forward and easy for us.

2. Maybe make things a little less high tech and maybe bring back some paper assignments and keep some things offline.

3. I feel you have meet your goals and have surpassed them. You never showed favoritism and portrayed great enthusiasm towards the class.

4. I like when the students lead the class because it's a more vibrant feeling and is less boring. You teach good, but the way it's presented lacks entertainment. 

• I loved learning info I never would have fully understood

Nothing. It's perfect

When we do class quizes, its always fair bc we all get the same amount as chances

Both. It's good to learn how to present as we may need it later in life.

• 1. I loved the class because the conversations and arguments were fun. I did well with making sure we learned what you were teaching

2. I don't think you need to improve, you do you.

3. Yes you did.

4. I like both, because it establishes that you have control over the class as well as letting them participate. 

• 1. What did you enjoy about my class this year? What did I do well as a teacher?

I enjoyed talking about all the news that was going on during the year, and i enjoyed working in groups.

2. What are some suggestions on how I could improve myself as a teacher or my class in general? Please be honest as this is where most of what I currently do has come from.

i think that there is not much you should change about CWI, maybe a few quizlet cards or something else to review the powerpoint/news stories

3. My two biggest goals as a teacher is to be fair and consistent to everyone and show passion in what I do each and every day. Do you feel like I have accomplished those two goals this year? If not, please explain.

Yes, because you always make sure that everyone knows the information, and you even help out in presentations by adding information that you knew.

4. Do you prefer when I lead class or when it is more student project based? 

I i prefer when you lead, because you make sure that everyone knows the information, and you even go through to add information that helps people to remember the information

• I enjoyed this semester of CWI mainly because of the projects and group tests. I enjoyed learning everything that was going on in the country. I really enjoyed the group tests, because it didn't make studying as difficult. I believe you have definitely accomplished yours goals as a teacher. You were very fair to everyone. While taking group map tests towards the end of the semester everyone had an equal amount of tries. You lead the class, yet you still had student projects and I enjoyed that. One thing I didn't enjoy much were the forum posts, but it was very easy points. The forum post comments were easy to handle with topics that were interesting. Overall, it was a very fun semester and I would enjoy having you as a teacher again!

• 1. I enjoyed doing the presentations and being able to work in groups. You did well explaining the events in detail from your power points. 

2. I think that there should be smaller tests more often to keep the content fresh in our minds when we test on it. 

3. I think you definitely accomplished these goals because I never saw you treat a certain student better than another and you always tried to spice up the information to make it more interesting even when it was a "boring" subject. 

4. I like the teacher leading the class more because sometimes the students aren't as well informed on the information as they should be but I also think that you did well adding things to the students presentation when you noticed an essential missing piece. 

Thank you for a great semester Mr. Bruns 

• 1. I enjoyed doing the group tests because if you don't know everything throughout your group you have a better chance of at least 1 person knowing. I like how you present it slow enough to let all students sink in the information but fast enough so it isn't boring.

2. I would like the forum posts more if we didn't have to do as many posts and when we are forum post leaders I think the summary should be worth even more points compared to the replies like 40 for the summary and 10 for replies.

3. I think you are very fair as a teacher. I think you have accomplished both of your goals.

4. I like teacher lead discussion more because that is what we are tested over even though some students are very good presenters. I like how there aren't too many presentations.

• 1. I enjoyed the group projects, because it personally gave me the ability to be as creative as I wanted to be. You knew what you were talking about with every PowerPoint, playing music before the hour even begins, etc.

2. Maybe have the desks facing the board, so future students don't have to turn their head to look at the screen. 

3. Yes, you were very fair and consistent with grades, among other things.

4. I prefer a lead class than projects. but i do like projects, 

• I enjoyed the projects we did and how you didn't have much homework just the forum post you had to do. You did well on explaining things and I like the way you teach things and have power points and notes to go over things. I think you could improve on not rushing things. Towards the end of the year I feel like you were rushing things and I didn't really get to fully understand all the information you were throwing at me. Yes I do feel like you have accomplished your two goals to the most part. In my class you had two groups switch there presentations because someone was going to be gone will my group was missing someone and you still made us go. I like it more when its yo leading it because i feel like if its just the student then I'm not learning that well. Or learning as much as i could. 

• I was definitely rushing things. No doubt about it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker