Eminem steps up in Hurricane Harvey and Irma relief

The famous rapper from Detroit has decided to stand up and help the victims from the recent hurricanes in Texas and Florida, Harvey and Irma. Many celebrities, including Justin Bieber, Beyoncé, J.J. Watt, Drake, and Ellen DeGeneres. Eminem and a Detroit based company called StockX have joined up to help raise funds for the relief. Some extra incentive to danate is that each person who donates in entered to win a pair of sneakers from a celebrity sneaker head, including LeBron James, Steph Curry,  Pharrell Williams, Mark Wahlberg, and Eminem himself. The first $250,000 donated will be matched by Eminem and the Marshall Mathers Foundation. 

You can donate to the campaign here

1) Do you think celebs like Eminem use things like this to make themselves look better?

My answer- No, or at least not all of them. Some of them just want to help and have the means to do it. Others do use it to make themselves look better in the eyes of the population, but at least they help.

2) What could you do to help?

My answer- You could help by donating to any of the many donation foundations today. All it takes is a few dollars from a lot of people to make a difference.

Here is the original sight.

https://www.metrotimes.com/city-slang/archives/2017/09/20/eminem-steps-up-in-hurricane-harvey-and-irma-relief

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1. not really they just want to donate money to help people recover from the disaster

2. We could donate money too to help recover from the disaster or we can go down there to help out.

• I think that some of them truly want to help out victims of natural disasters without trying to get more attention. 

I could donate money supplies to them or go to them and help in whatever way they need.

• I think that most of celebrities don't use things like this to make themselves look better. I believe that most of the celebrities do actually care about helping victims of situations such as the recent hurricanes. Anyone could help out by donating personal items or money that victims may need. 

• i think that they do  because they are dying as a celeb i could send food water clothes 

• I think that celebrities do this stuff to genuinely help out. They actually feel bad and try everything in their power to help out as much as they can. Making them look better is just a bonus for them. Maybe some celebrities do it just for the publicity and good feedback from fans, but I like to think optimistically and believe that celebs like Eminem do this out of the goodness of their heart.

• 1. I think the celebrities are just doing this from the heart. If bad things happen, it's only natural that help comes from many sources. It's a very kind thing for them to do. Some of them might do it for self-purposes, but I'm sure it's mostly to help.

2. I could donate to the cause. Who knows who's day I would make by donating some money?

• I do think that there are many celebrities who do things like that just for having a better image. But like you said, some of them are helping because they know that people need their help and they have the things (for example money) to help. Helping the victims of the hurricane is a good thing, even though they do it to look better in the eyes of the population or because they really want to.

• 1. Some of the times I think some celebrities will do something to make themselves look better, but if your helping out people that need it I do not think it makes him look better.

2. Donating anything to the people that have been effective by what had happened, and help out by doing any work that needs to be done.

• bump

• I don't think they do it make themselves look better I think they just have money to do that and influence a lot of people because they are celebrities so more people are more likely to listen or even think of the problem. Donate money start a fundraiser for them send supplies to red cross anything could help. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker