Eminem steps up in Hurricane Harvey and Irma relief

The famous rapper from Detroit has decided to stand up and help the victims from the recent hurricanes in Texas and Florida, Harvey and Irma. Many celebrities, including Justin Bieber, Beyoncé, J.J. Watt, Drake, and Ellen DeGeneres. Eminem and a Detroit based company called StockX have joined up to help raise funds for the relief. Some extra incentive to danate is that each person who donates in entered to win a pair of sneakers from a celebrity sneaker head, including LeBron James, Steph Curry,  Pharrell Williams, Mark Wahlberg, and Eminem himself. The first $250,000 donated will be matched by Eminem and the Marshall Mathers Foundation. 

You can donate to the campaign here

1) Do you think celebs like Eminem use things like this to make themselves look better?

My answer- No, or at least not all of them. Some of them just want to help and have the means to do it. Others do use it to make themselves look better in the eyes of the population, but at least they help.

2) What could you do to help?

My answer- You could help by donating to any of the many donation foundations today. All it takes is a few dollars from a lot of people to make a difference.

Here is the original sight.

https://www.metrotimes.com/city-slang/archives/2017/09/20/eminem-steps-up-in-hurricane-harvey-and-irma-relief

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that they do it to help themselves a little but also to help other people. If people see celebrities helping it spreads awareness and ways to help and in return also benefiting their image even if that isn't their goal

• I think that some of the celebrities are doing this to make themselves look better, but that doesn't mean all of them. I think that what they are doing is great and weather they are doing it for others or themselves it is good. One thing I could do is donate. I could donate food, water, clothes, and other necessities.

• I think they use some things like this to self advertise but I think they mainly want to help people I people want to help they can go and donate it is a great way to help and such a great cause.

• Of course it makes the celebrities look better! They are raising and spending money on causes greater and bigger than themselves, it is a great thing to do and its great for their image. I could give aid, food, or money or I could just go to the disaster zones and help.

• I think many of them do, it makes people so they are talking about them and thinking how there so nice. My church and other clubs im in are giving clothes and water to victims of the hurricanes. 

• I think they do it to help but at the same time they do it to look better. donate money of course or invite other people to do the same to help those people to have a home.

• I believe some do and some don't it all depends on the person because some would do it of the public to see other do from the goodness pf there heart. I could help be putting up some money to an organization to help the people down there.  

• I think that it could help in with things like that, but honestly they have some much to give and all of these people have little to nothing left, so I think they genuinely want to help and make a difference in these people lives. You could donate money, food, water, clothes, literally you could donate anything and it would help those people in need. 

• I dont think celebrities use natural disasters to make them self look better, I think they actually care for what happened and want to help. I would donate money to the funds  or even clothing etc. for the people who have had everything taken away from them.

• 1. Depends, obviously some do just for look better, but others like Eminem a rapper that never cared about what people think about him, I think that he does because he really want to do it.

2. We can give money to foundations or food, blood, we can sen messages, whatever, but we need to do something.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker