Deadly diseases are making a comeback

These days it's easy to believe that diseases don't exist. The readily available stream of medicines and vaccines make it seem like any illness can be simply cured with a pill or medication. Recently some deadly illnesses are being brought back. With the current trend of ice melting from global warming, diseases are being released from the ice. The illnesses are coming from infected bodies of people and animals that were frozen in the ice and are now melting out. A lot of scientists are concerned about this being a problem because these diseases are uncommon or eradicated so there aren't always cures.

Full Story

What do you think about global warming? 

What do you think of these newly released illnesses?

I think it's pretty scary that these diseases are being released again since we don't have vaccines for some of them. Global warming is a huge problem and we need to stop it or at least help. If this doesn't get people to do something I don't know what will.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think their is anything as Global Warming personally because their hasn't really been any proof. I think is pretty dang scary that these horrible diseases are being released because we could have like a zombie outbreak or something.

• There is actually a lot of proof of global warming. Not all of the proof points to humans being the cause and not all of it points to nature being the cause. The planet is warming slowly over the last few hundred years and that is a fact that can't be changed. We just continue to debate the cause.

• I agree that there hasn't been any proof, but the whole zombie thing, very highly unlikely, unless like everyone started doing bath salts or something

• Yah it either can be global warming or something else because like you said there really isn't any good evidence that it is global warming. That would be not god if it cause a zombie outbreak but i would mide because i have seen so many of those kinda movies i think i'm good :)

• I think global warming is an issue but we just need proof of where it is coming from whether it is caused by humans or just a natural cycle. I doubt there will be a zombie outbreak because if there was we would have seen it in other fossils but you never know!

• I think that global warming isn't a good thing that has happened to the environment and it isn't going to stop. I think it's scary that past deadly diseases are coming back and that the vaccines aren't in stock and very rarely made.

• Yah dont think its going to be slowing down anytime soon but who knows and yah its a really bad thing has happen to our environment. Yah i thinks its bad too because if people get the diseases there really is no way to save them because there are no meds in stock or up to date to prevent them. 

• I agree that global warming is bad but it could just be a natural cycle that we can't do a lot about. It is scary that diseases are coming back now because we don't have vaccines for some of the diseases.

• I agree with you Preston when you say that it's scary that it's not  going to stop and that it's scary that deadly diseases of the past are coming back. I think that it won't take long scientists to understand these diseases and come up with solutions to prevent and help those that are affected by the diseases.

• I think its a big deal and its very creepy to think that it can ruin the world with a snap! I think that we need to do something knowing that it is causing diseases! I feel like we need to change the way we are dong things around the world because it is such a big deal! 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker