Conjoined McDonald Twins are seperated

In a room at Blythedale Children's Hospital in Valhall, New York, Sons of Nicole and Christian McDonald, Jadon and Anias had recovered for the past nine months of rehabilitation after the surgery to separate them. They underwent a 27- hour separation in October. They were 13 months at the time and they had shared 5 by 7 centimeters of brain tissue making the surgery even more difficult. The twins only knew the world by lying on their backs because they were conjoined at the head. After the surgery they learned how to use muscles that they didn't even now existed. 1 out of 2.5 million are kids are conjoined at the head. People donated more than $340,000 to the family. The two boys go to therapy to make their muscles stronger each and every day. The therapist say that they have made lots of progress already.

Questions-

1. How difficult do you think it would be if you had conjoined twins?
  2. If you were this family how would you feel after the surgery?

Answers-

1. I think it would be very difficult, especially if they were conjoined at the head. It would be so hard to care for them because I'm sure they have to take tons of medications, and you would have a lot of doctor visits, it would just make me really sad for them.
  2. I would feel so relived, I mean you would still have to care for them a lot, but then your kids would be able to live their lives separated. They would be able to do so much more things.

Click-  HERE to read full story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1. I think it would be hard to have twins that are conjoined. Because you couldn't teach them to walk, speak, motor skills. 

2. I would feel very relieved in knowing that the twins were safe and doing well.

• I think it would be very hard to handle having conjoined twins, especially because they were connected at the head. It would also be really hard to know that they aren't "normal" kids because they would always need special care for their condition. I would be really happy and relived after the surgery was over if it went well. It's a big surgery having the kids be okay afterwards is a blessing. I would also be happy because they could live a somewhat more normal life now that they will be able stand, walk, and do things on their own.

• Yes it would be really hard to hold them and play with them also because they are conjoined at the head.

• I think that it would be very hard to see your kids struggle in a way that you don't fully understand. It would be insanely difficult because there is nothing you can do as a parent (except making decisions about procedures) to help them. I would be super anxious during and after the surgery. I would stay by them every step of the way.

• It's probably very difficult because if they are connected that means they have to do everything together and you have to care for the both of them at the same time. I would feel relived because not only would it be easier but my kids would have a better life. 

• If I was a parent of conjoined twins I would feel very heartbroken and devastated because, while you live life conjoined, it wouldn't by very fun. If the doctor were to come out, then I would at first wonder what was wrong because even though I would know that the surgery would be complicated, I would still wonder because it was over a day long. Then if they were to tell me that everything went well than of course I would be so happy.

• Yes, I would be nervous when the doctor came out to because you never know how the surgery went. But all you have to do is trust in the nurses and doctors.

• being the brother of a 2 year old i think that a normal baby is hard enough let alone twins that are joined at the head. i think that it would be really hard with all the doctor visits and stuff like that. i would be realived but i would also be very stressed again wondering how in gonna pay for it all.but they also had 300,000sum dollars.

• 1. I think it would be really difficult because of the expenses, medication and hospital stay. The twins might not be able to stay at home because they are conjoined, which would make the bill extremely high. It would also be hard to care for them because if you get one out of the crib you have to pick up both at the same time which would be challenging.

2.After the surgery I would feel extremely happy because they would be able to do more things and live a better life. I would also be relieved because the surgery was extremely long.

• I agree it would be lots of expenses. It would be so hard to hold them, I can't even imagine how difficult it would be.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker