Conjoined McDonald Twins are seperated

In a room at Blythedale Children's Hospital in Valhall, New York, Sons of Nicole and Christian McDonald, Jadon and Anias had recovered for the past nine months of rehabilitation after the surgery to separate them. They underwent a 27- hour separation in October. They were 13 months at the time and they had shared 5 by 7 centimeters of brain tissue making the surgery even more difficult. The twins only knew the world by lying on their backs because they were conjoined at the head. After the surgery they learned how to use muscles that they didn't even now existed. 1 out of 2.5 million are kids are conjoined at the head. People donated more than $340,000 to the family. The two boys go to therapy to make their muscles stronger each and every day. The therapist say that they have made lots of progress already.

Questions-

1. How difficult do you think it would be if you had conjoined twins?
  2. If you were this family how would you feel after the surgery?

Answers-

1. I think it would be very difficult, especially if they were conjoined at the head. It would be so hard to care for them because I'm sure they have to take tons of medications, and you would have a lot of doctor visits, it would just make me really sad for them.
  2. I would feel so relived, I mean you would still have to care for them a lot, but then your kids would be able to live their lives separated. They would be able to do so much more things.

Click-  HERE to read full story

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• It would be really hard. You can't just pick them up, you have to be careful with everything you do so you don't hurt them. I would be concerned because it's such a hard and long surgery, but I would be relieved because being conjoined would have made their lives so much harder.

• I think that the parents of conjoined twins have to be very emotional, they're thankful both are alive and well but scared for a surgery to separate the babies. Obviously they want the best for their children, but that means facing the risks that come with surgery. 

I would feel relief but also realize that there's still a tough recovery journey ahead. Parents probably wonder if there will be any complications later on in life.

• 1. I couldn't even imagine how hard it would be to live a life as a conjoined twin. You would have to do everything with each other and wouldn't be able to have time to yourself. Car seats and high chairs would be a nightmare to find. 

2. I would be worried but also relieved. Your whole life would change and so many things would be different. I think the twins would  be scared to go away from each other. They have been together, literally, since day one and a little freedom probably freaks them out a little. 

• 1. I think it would be very hard to deal with having conjoined twins. Depending on where they are/were conjoined at you would have to buy separate clothes and life would be harder for the baby and you. You would have many doctor visits and medical bills.

2. I would feel relived that the surgery is done and everything was going good. The kids would be able to live their separate lives. They could do their own separate things. It would be very expensive but worth the money.

I think the surgery would be good for many things. I am sure most conjoined twins would be interested in having this surgery. 

• I think that it would be very difficult, because I would always be afraid about their health.

After the surgery I would be happy but also a little bit fearful, because I wouldn't know yet if the surgery was successful.

• As an expectant mother you want nothing more than healthy children. It must be hard when you are told you are going to have conjoined twins.

I personally would be very overwhelmed. For sure I would feel so much better after the surgery. Then you can finally take a breath and be happy that everyone is healthy and well. 

• It would be very difficult having conjoined twins because it be would be hard if one wants to sleep but the other one doesn't it would be very to get the one to go to sleep. I would feel good that they are separated, but I would be exhausted for paying bills on it and going to tons of therapy lessons.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker