Church shooting results in one death and seven wounded.

September 24, 2017 on a Sunday morning police were called about a shooting outside The Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch Tennessee, where eight innocent people were shot by a man wearing a "neoprene mask"  or ski mask. There were seven wounded (including accidentally shooting himself) and one killed. All but one that was under the age of 60 years old. Police say the man had no relation to the congregation and is now being held heavily guarded in a hospital.

link:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/one-killed-eight-shot-church-shooting-tennessee-n804321

1.) What should the man responsible for the shootings punishment be? 

2.) What would you do to help support the church if this were to happen in your community?

I feel the man who did this should be life in prison for endangering the lives of lots of people and taking the life of someone who didn't deserve it. Also if something like this were to happen in my community I would do the best I could to try and comfort the families that are going through the tough time.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I Agree, i think think that he should be put in prison for a life sentence. I think the money for the victim and the the victims  family and the church could also benefit from the money.

• The man who did this should definitely have life in prison because what he did was terrible. There is never going to be a reason when something like this is acceptable. If this church was in my community I would donate a lot to help rebuild anything that was damaged in the shooting. I would also visit the families of the ones who were wounded or killed. 

• I agree with your idea on giving him a life sentence because of what he did. i think the money donated to rebuild anything damaged would be a great way to support your community.

• This reply was deleted.
      • I agree that they  most likely didn't do anything to you. Think about all the people he hurt. Not just the ones that got shot or the ones that witnessed it. All of their family members and friends were most likely hurt or upset about this shooting. 

• Life in prison for endangering not only innocent people, but people who were at church. I feel like that is the most coward inhumane thing someone can do. raise money for the people injured and for the funeral cost of the other family. Also protest for justice. 

• I agree, I think that life in prison would be the best option for what he has done. the money would help the victims and I don't know if I would protest anything because it would just cause more problems then there needs to be. 

• i think that he needs to be sent to prison for life what he did was horrible. he hurt and killed people and he needs to be put away. if this happened here i would help the people affected and donate what i could to the church 

• This reply was deleted.
    • I feel like a death sentence may be a little harsh but I see what your getting at. I agree with trying to keep their spirits up would be one of them best things you could do during a time like this.

• 1. I don't think prison for life, but he should be in prison for quite some time. He's hurt the lives of whoever was in that church and that's not okay.

2. I would try to do any acts of service I could, like donating my money, time, and strength into helping those affected.

• I think that he should go to prison for life because he took a life that did nothing to him and wounded 7 others. The 7 that got wounded will never be the same again. I would help the families and try to get more security on the church so people can feel safe.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker