Church shooting results in one death and seven wounded.

September 24, 2017 on a Sunday morning police were called about a shooting outside The Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch Tennessee, where eight innocent people were shot by a man wearing a "neoprene mask"  or ski mask. There were seven wounded (including accidentally shooting himself) and one killed. All but one that was under the age of 60 years old. Police say the man had no relation to the congregation and is now being held heavily guarded in a hospital.

link:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/one-killed-eight-shot-church-shooting-tennessee-n804321

1.) What should the man responsible for the shootings punishment be? 

2.) What would you do to help support the church if this were to happen in your community?

I feel the man who did this should be life in prison for endangering the lives of lots of people and taking the life of someone who didn't deserve it. Also if something like this were to happen in my community I would do the best I could to try and comfort the families that are going through the tough time.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think your right, I think he should be put in prison for a life sentence after terrorizing the church people. I hadn't thought of adding more security but that would probably help the the victims and their family's.

• He was being a danger to himself and others. He should at least be in a facility for a few months.  I would try to donate money if I had extra, but if I didn't have some, I would take some food for the ones' families that were endangered.  

• I agree, I think after the choices he's made that something in his head isn't right and some type of facility could help. I think the extra money or food would be a great idea for the families. 

• I think that he should go to prison, it's not right to shoot at anyone especially at a church. I would pray and help all the families who lost someone.

• I agree, I think prison or any other type of containment would be the best option for him. I think especially after shooting someone at a church that it would be best to keep him isolated. i also think it'd be a great idea to pray for those who lost their loved ones.

• He should be put in prison for life and possibly put in solitary confinement for life. If I were trying to help ad support the victims and their church I would send cards and then possibly make them dinners and desserts for them. 

• I think that the prison or any type of way to keep him away from other is a great idea. I think that your ideas about the ads and the cards and food would be a great idea on how to help the victims.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I think your right on keeping him away but i feel like after what he's done that he should locked away for maybe even a life sentence. Yes, I think that donating money to help replace anything that was damaged would be a great idea.

• He should have life in prison. he shot at innocent people for no reason at all.  I would support the victims and the victims family. It would be a hard time in the community and they would need any help they could get.

• I agree, I think that he should be sentenced for life for what he did. I think that the people will take all the support they can get because what happened.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker