Chick-fil-A Saves the Day

J.C. and Karen Spencer are a from Houston Texas and woke up Monday morning to a flooded house. Naturally the they called 911, sadly 911 was drowned with phone calls about Harvey incident. With 911 unavailable J.C. called their favorite place to eat breakfast at, Chick-fil-A. Luckily, Jeffery Urban, the manager of Chick-fil-A was checking on things inside of the restaurant and recognized the caller ID. After J.C. explained his situation to Jeffery, Jeffery called another manager, Cindy Smith. Cindy's husband went out on his Jet Ski and saved the couple from the rising waters in the Spencer's house.

1.  How would you have better prepared for hurricane Harvey?

I would have a paddle boat that doesn't easily tip over and a life vest for extra safety.

2. If 911 was overloaded with callers who would you call?

I would call someone with a boat and we could boat away to safety.

Read the article here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to proofread your summary to eliminate typos. I also think you could have replied a few more times.

• I would prepared by getting by getting a boat ready and lots of life vest. I would call friends and family around Texas to see if they are okay. 

• I would of left Texas and go somewhere else where there are really no naturally disasters. I wouldn't of called 911 because they are to busy saving the people that didn't get the heck out of Texas

• I would have packed up as much stuff as I could and make sure that all my family members, friends and anyone else were all safe. I would try to also have a boat for transportation and some life jackets. If 911 wasn't available, I would probably try calling all of my family members or friends. If none of them answered then I would have called businesses or other communities. 

• I would have packed up and left the state asap, I would also call some neighbors to help. 

• If I knew it was coming, I would move to a relative's somewhere else and make sure my things didn't get destroyed by the water. I would also have a inflatable raft and extra food and water. If 911 was overloaded I would call someone I knew near me.

• It would be a very good idea to pack your valuables up and leave the state and I think that carrying extra food just encase would be a good idea. I would also call someone near me.

• If I had time to prepare, I would gather the necessary things like food, water, and clothes. Also I would probably get like a kayak or some type of boat to help me in this type of situation. I would probably call relatives or someone near me. 

• Getting extra clothes, food, and water is a good idea but I think a kayak would tip over pretty easily.

• If I had more time to prepare i would gather all of the things that i need like clothes,food,water. I would hope that i had life jackets and other things t o help me in this situation, like a boat or something. I would call people who are close to me.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker