Chick-fil-A Saves the Day

J.C. and Karen Spencer are a from Houston Texas and woke up Monday morning to a flooded house. Naturally the they called 911, sadly 911 was drowned with phone calls about Harvey incident. With 911 unavailable J.C. called their favorite place to eat breakfast at, Chick-fil-A. Luckily, Jeffery Urban, the manager of Chick-fil-A was checking on things inside of the restaurant and recognized the caller ID. After J.C. explained his situation to Jeffery, Jeffery called another manager, Cindy Smith. Cindy's husband went out on his Jet Ski and saved the couple from the rising waters in the Spencer's house.

1.  How would you have better prepared for hurricane Harvey?

I would have a paddle boat that doesn't easily tip over and a life vest for extra safety.

2. If 911 was overloaded with callers who would you call?

I would call someone with a boat and we could boat away to safety.

Read the article here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think preparing for the hurricane would be a really good idea and I would do that to. Called people near and dear to me would be something important to do too.

• I would have got life jackets for my whole family. I would call my parents or someone close to me.

• If I had time to prepare and had notice ahead of time, then I would gather all of the things that I think I would need like food, water, clothes, and possibly my phone and charger, although I don't know if I would think I needed it because I wouldn't think that would be the most important thing at the time. I would call someone that's house wasn't flooded.

• I think that the essentials like food and water and good but I'm not sure about if a phone charger is onto a top priority. Good call on going to someone else who has a home not flooded. 

• I would get my belongings and my family, also get floating stuff. I would call red cross or relatives.

• If I knew that the hurricane would be that strong, I would probably try to evacuate before it hits my house.

I would probably call someone with a boat too, or if I didn't know anybody with a boat I would just call my neighbors.

• I agree with you, I think that evacuating before the hurricane was near me and calling someone with a boat would be smart.

• I would want to help people get out of the flood but I would also want to get myself out, so I guess i would try to get myself and other people out of the area as fast as possible. I guess I would try to call friends or neighbors and see if they could help me out. 

• I would've made sure I had life jacket on or made sure to find a boat just in case of rising waters. I would call people in the same neighborhood since they're close or people I know that have a boat.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker