Cheerleader Forced into the Splits

Story

In Denver, Colorado there are eight known videos shown of cheerleaders being forced into doing the splits. The cheerleaders were held down my other cheerleaders and the coach. In the video it showed a student screaming in pain and asking them to stop but they refused to. One of the kids in the video got a leg injury from being forced and pushed into the splits. The coach was put on leave and the school is currently under investigation. 

Questions

1. How would you feel if your child were of of the kids to be forced into this?

2. What do you think should happen to the teacher? 

My Answers

1. I feel that if my child were to be in this position I would be pressing charges against the coach for abuse and against the school for neglect. 

2. i believe that the coach should be stripped and banned from teaching due to failure of teaching in the correct manor. I believe that charges should be pressed against the coach for each student that had to go through the pain. 

Cheerleader Being Forced into the Splits

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would feel absolutely horrible for my child! That sound extremely painful and like child neglect! I would press charges against the school for neglect along with pressing charges against anyone who forced my child to be in the splits. I wouldn't want this teacher to ever be able to interact with children again considering this teacher abused my child!

• 1. To start, this made me angry just reading it. If my child was hurt like this, I'd press charges against the school, the coach, and the cheerleaders that helped the coach. Their behavior was cruel and harming kids in school is unacceptable. I think the school is feeling horrible about what happened, but something should be done to make sure that something like this should never happen again. 

2. He should be fired and charged. Nothing else to say here.

• If my child were in this situation, I would take her out of the class or cheer leading activity. Its not right for them to force it. If you cant do, you cant do it.  I think the teacher should get fired or undergo some consequences. 

• If this happened to my child, I would for sure press charges against whoever did this and the school as well. That is ridiculous and unacceptable. The teacher should automatically be fired and charges should be pressed.

• If my child was one of these kids that were forced to do this honestly I would be very upset. I agree I would also press charges against the coach and possibly the school. I think the teacher should definitely be fired from their position I also think he should be charged with a fine. 

• 1. As a dancer I know how it feels to be overstretched, or the different type of pain you feel when you are going too far into your stretches. The coaches should know when it is time to stop. Overstretching kids is hurting them instead of helping them, so as a parent I would be very upset, and take my kid off of that team. 

2. I think the coach should lose her job. I know it sounds serious but overstretching a kid could injure them for a lifetime, and the teacher should know that. The school needs to find a new coach so they can help the students excel in cheer, instead of possibly ending their career. 

• If my child was put in this position, I would be very upset for hurting them (because obviously I wouldn't want my children in pain) and and then I would press charges. I don't think the teacher should be allowed to work with kids or in a place where kids/teens are involved and then I think he should go to jail.

• I would obviously be upset, because i can't do the splits myself, and to make a kid go through that kind of pain is beyond my understanding. Not everyone can do the splits, so why would a cheer leading coach force a cheerleader to do the splits, when she cant physically do the splits? I think the teacher should be fired for abusing a student, physically injuring her, and mentally scarring her.

• 1. First of all I would be very upset with the school and staff. As this would be my own kid I would want the people involved fired right away. As this violates so many codes of ethic and rules, I would feel like the school and administration were not working their hardest to protect their students. 2. Like I said before, this goes against so many things that anybody should be able to do, especially a school, they should be not allowed to do their job anymore, anywhere. I agree with pressing charges as this was a very inappropriate and acceptable event. 

• I see what you mean and I understand, no child should have to go through that and feel like the place that should be a safe place turns into a place of fear to the students. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker