Biden Runs for 2020 Office?

This past week Ashley Biden, the daughter of ex-Vice President Joe Biden, rumored that her father is seriously thinking about running for office in the 2020 election. "Right now, his focus is on the (Biden) Foundation and Cancer Moonshot, as well as getting other Democrats elected. He's not there. He's taking it day by day after the loss of my dear beloved brother (Beau)," she told interviewers. Joe's son, Beau Biden, died  in 2015 of brain cancer and his death was on of the main reasons e didn't run in the 2016 election. "He'll make a decision when that time comes," Ashley continued to say "A lot can happen in four years and we know this as a family. If he is in good health, knock on wood, and seeing what the landscape is at the time, yeah, I think he is considering it." It is rumored that prior to Beau's death, he tried to make his dad promise to run for office. Joe's wife also said that Joe "is not going away." and his brother also claimed "that the former VP "absolutely" has another run in him." 

Click Here to read more

Questions: 

Did you like Biden as a Vice President? Do you think that Biden would make a good president? Why or why not?

Do you think that if he ran that he could actually win against the republican party candidate? 

My opinion

I personally really liked Biden as a Vice President. He was a level headed and well spoken guy. I think he could make a wonderful president because he already knows how to run a country (or at least has an idea of how to do so.) I feel that he could win the people's vote because right now Trump is some type irrational with some things he does or says and people like a stable person in control of their country (or at least I do.) 

I think that he'd have a good chance of winning the election because after having a president that isn't widely liked by the people of the United States, it usually switches parties to get a new view of things. Right now, assuming that his approval rating stays around where it's at now or even drops by the end of his term, I think it could be likely that Biden would win because people are not entirely thrilled about how Trump is handling our countries issues at the moment. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• 1. Due to previous democratic vp's and presidents if I had to choose a demarcate I would choose Joe Biden. He has proved to be a very good overall vice president, and personally I would appreciate him more than a Hillary or Bernie. If he ran and won the democratic nomination I wouldn't mind having him as president. Just don't touch my guns.

2. Yes/No - If he ran against a Nixon or a Bush type of guy/girl, yes - if ran against a Reagan or a Lincoln guy/girl no.

• I totally agree! He is great in comparison to Bernie and Hilary. He knows how it works in the White House and how things are supposed to be run. Biden is a very cool headed individual and could probably handle things more rationally than Trump.

• I think Joe Biden was a very good vice president, and would've made a better president than Obama. I think he would make a good president because he seems down to earth, but he also seems to be a follower in leadership roles, so I don't know how much he will get done in office. However, I think Trump is doing a great job right now in office so I don't see why people would vote against him. He might've said a few things that weren't smart for him. The media just chooses to bash him whenever possible and Hillary still hasn't gotten over how she lost to him, so maybe a new presidential candidate is what we need. Joe Biden could be that guy.

• I think Biden  is also a very good follower but Obama was a great leader to follow. I think that he could make a wonderful leader of this country because he can relate to more people and they could feel like they have a solid, stable country. He could very well be that guy to take Trump out of office. 

• I don't know much about politics, but I have never heard of any Joe Biden scandals so at least he has his head on straight. It also helps that he has already been a vice president. Joe Biden is good, but I'm not sure if anyone can beat the Donald.

• I agree with you that since he has experience in this field it might make him a better candidate than Trump and also that he might have his head on a bit more straight than Trump. I think that Biden has a good shot of if he decides to become a candidate!

• I don't know all the facts about what Biden is for and against, but he sounds better than Trump as of right now. I think it's too far away from the election to tell for sure.

• I agree, it is a bit far out to tell if he would be a good president or good candidate for that matter. I personally think that anyone is better than Trump though so I think that he could be a good choice for the upcoming election. 

• I don't really focus on politics so I don't really know how I feel about him. Maybe I don't know because he might know what's best for this country. I believe he could because there are probably many people who actually prefers him over Donald trump.

• I agree that people might prefer him over Donald Trump. Sometime Trump can be a little much and I think that Joe Biden could be a good alternative to Trump. He could help change things and maybe even help some of the serious problems that could come in the future. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker