Biden Runs for 2020 Office?

This past week Ashley Biden, the daughter of ex-Vice President Joe Biden, rumored that her father is seriously thinking about running for office in the 2020 election. "Right now, his focus is on the (Biden) Foundation and Cancer Moonshot, as well as getting other Democrats elected. He's not there. He's taking it day by day after the loss of my dear beloved brother (Beau)," she told interviewers. Joe's son, Beau Biden, died  in 2015 of brain cancer and his death was on of the main reasons e didn't run in the 2016 election. "He'll make a decision when that time comes," Ashley continued to say "A lot can happen in four years and we know this as a family. If he is in good health, knock on wood, and seeing what the landscape is at the time, yeah, I think he is considering it." It is rumored that prior to Beau's death, he tried to make his dad promise to run for office. Joe's wife also said that Joe "is not going away." and his brother also claimed "that the former VP "absolutely" has another run in him." 

Click Here to read more

Questions: 

Did you like Biden as a Vice President? Do you think that Biden would make a good president? Why or why not?

Do you think that if he ran that he could actually win against the republican party candidate? 

My opinion

I personally really liked Biden as a Vice President. He was a level headed and well spoken guy. I think he could make a wonderful president because he already knows how to run a country (or at least has an idea of how to do so.) I feel that he could win the people's vote because right now Trump is some type irrational with some things he does or says and people like a stable person in control of their country (or at least I do.) 

I think that he'd have a good chance of winning the election because after having a president that isn't widely liked by the people of the United States, it usually switches parties to get a new view of things. Right now, assuming that his approval rating stays around where it's at now or even drops by the end of his term, I think it could be likely that Biden would win because people are not entirely thrilled about how Trump is handling our countries issues at the moment. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Morgan!

• I don't really think he did much and I think that Trump should get another four years because he is doing good contrary to many peoples beliefs.

It depends on how the public continue to view Trump throughout the rest of his time as president.

• I can agree with you that it will depend on how the American public feel about Trump by the end of his term, but as of now he isn't doing too great with his approval rate due to him getting us into some tense situations.  Biden also helped advise Obama during the his presidency, so he do do something during those eight years, his part in the whole thing just wasn't as televised as Obama's was. 

• I thought Biden was a good Vice President and he would make a good President as well because has the experience of being vice president under his belt, which a lot of presidents haven't had before. I think he might have a good chance of winning because people know him already and can have an idea of what he will be like, and if Trump runs again, Biden might beat him because Trump isn't liked by a lot of people.

• I totally agree! Since Biden has a good eight years experience under his belt he definitely could make a great candidate! Trump is sometimes makes questionable choices and I feel that Biden could keep his cool when it comes to addressing the public!

• I thought Biden was a great vice president. He was a smart, frank guy. He has potential to be a wonderful president because he has background in the white house. I think he would win peoples vote because Trump is not liked by many. People will change parties because, as of right now, the republican party isn't liked as a whole. I don't know what Biden would be for or against, and its too early to tell. However, he already is more liked than Trump. 

• I agree! He is liked more than Trump since you know he is Trump and has some anger issues sometime and acts out in some ways that are inappropriate for a President to do. I think Joe Biden could have a real shot to get into office! 

• This reply was deleted.
    • I totally agree! There will be some anti-Obama people but he isn't Obama so that wouldn't be fair to judge him because of Obama. He would be a great candidate against the Republican party since he isn't as spontaneously outrageous as Trump can be sometimes.

• I don't really follow politics that much, and when I do it's usually about the president, not the vice president. I never heard anything negative about him, which is good. I agree with you on how he knows how to run a country, because he was the vice president. I think that he'd have a good shot at presidency. I've heard on the news about people talking that they wished Biden would run, especially since so many are opposed to Donald Trump.

• Since Trump's "likeable" rate right now is quite low, I think it could be likely that Trump could be beat out by any candidates just because he has thrown us into some tense and scary situations, that our country as a whole wouldn't want to be in. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker