Aaron Hernandez had severe CTE; daughter sues NFL, Pats

A former NFL player Aaron Hernandez has been confirmed to have CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy). CTE is a brain disease that is obtained by getting to many head injuries. Aaron had stage 3 out of 4 CTE. CTE causes people to have violent mood swings, depression and other cognitive disorders. He got CTE from taking too many hard hits to the head while playing for the Patriots from 2010 to 2012 and from playing at the University of Florida. He was a good tight end when he played alongside Rob Gronkowski. They were the only two in the NFL to both score 5 touchdowns for the same team as tight ends. He got sentience to life-without-parole for a murder case for a drive by shooting in Boston in 2012. He also killed the boyfriend of his fiances sister.

A lawsuit was filed in that claimed the NFL and Patriots failed to protect their players' safety. The NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league had not yet seen the lawsuit so it could not make any comments on it. The NFL agreed to play almost $1 billion to retired players who claimed misled them to the dangers about playing football. 

During the trial Aaron did not say anything about him having CTE because he claimed that he was innocent and did not murder anyone.

Questions:

1. Would you still play football if you had a high chance of getting CTE from taking too many hits.

2.Do you think that Aaron killed those people because the violent mood swings from the CTE cause him to do it.

3.What would you do if you were his son/daughter because they lead Hernandez to believe the sport was safe to play. 

My opinions:

1.If I got the chance to play in the NFL and I knew the dangers from playing in the NFL I would only play for a few seasons because it is not worth getting a disease or getting hurt for.

2.I think that some of the people he killed was due to the CTE but I also think he could of chose to do it also and try and not kill them.

3.If a big team like the Patriots and NFL did not tell me anything about it being dangerous and they could of told me I would be mad and sue them.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I wouldn't play probably. I think that one of the reasons he killed was because of his CTE. I think it's just common sense to know the tackle football could lead to some serious damage so I don't think anyone on Aarons side has a real reason to be mad

• 1. I think playing football is amazing and anyone who knows anything about it or has played it knows there is always a possibility of getting hurt.

2. At the time I do not think he was right in the mind so I don't think that helped. But he had to understand what he was doing and how it was going to effect him.

3.I would do the same thing because I think they need closure from what has happened. To really understand they are asking the necessary questions and making sure they make everything right.

• I would still play because only a tiny tiny fraction of the population has the chance to play a pro sport. If I was in the NFL I would also be getting paid millions. I personally don't think that mood swings are severe enough to make you kill someone. I would be very mad because if they would've told the truth he might still be alive.

• I would not play because life isn't all about money or fame. I think that CTE caused him to do the killing. I would be sad because of the lack of safety for my father in his job.

• I think we need to find better technology to find these problems early on in players because the CTE could have caused aaron to kill these people because it is proven that CTE can cause mood swings and violence. 

• as hard as it would be for me to stop playing football i put my personal safety first. i think that it was due to the CTE  in somepart  but that is no excuse to kille anybody. i would be beyond mad if they never told me of the dangers  

• I would I think most NFL players have very luxurious life styles so I see it as you're getting paid to do what you love but risking your life for luxurious one. Maybe if the research is accurate. There is risk in everyday life I couldn't blame anyone

• If I was making 40 million like Aaron just to play football then I would keep playing. I don't know what caused Aaron to kill the people he did but it was a tragic thing. I don't think it would be right to do anything because it was Aaron choice to keep playing.

• I would not because playing a sport is not worth the rest of your life. I dont know it could be but that is pretty extreme, he killed people. I would tell him that it is not as safe as they make it seem. When you lay football you are getting hit very hard and your head is taking a beating.

• I would not take the chance and continue playing, if it is going to change the way I interact with people it might not be worth it because then its not me then its the disease. I think that most of us without this would go home and scream into a pillow if there was something like this but because of the disease it worsened things causing him to exaggerate everything and for everything to become worse. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker