2,000 rescued from Houston

Hurricane Harvey hit Houston late Saturday and is the worse to hit the US since 2004. Thousands are trapped or out of a home. city officials are telling people only to call 911 when their life is in danger. The city police are over their head already and are asking people with boats to help with the rescue. people are calling this the second coming of Jesus due to the odd correlation between this and the eclipse. up to 40 inches are expected from Harvey. it is also expected to meander across Texas until Wednesday. Saturday Harvey was downgraded to a tropic storm.

What do you think about them asking people with boats to stay and help?

I think that is is the right thing to do. they need the help and so do the other citizens of Houston if you don't stay to help at least leave the boat. It should be that you don't even need to think about weather or not to stay.

What do you think about people thinking this is the second coming of Jesus?

Let me say I personally believe in Jesus. But I think that this is not right. I think that when the second coming is you shouldn't be able to predict it. that just seems weird. this is all just a weird coincidence.

link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to comment more frequently next time.

• It's the smart decision since they can be useful and help many more people than with just the coast guard and the police. I disagree with them if it was then it would follow the book or revelations which starts with natural disasters and famine not just one followed by the other.

• I think that people with boats should stay and help because more or less its the right thing to do. They should help out because then there would be less of a chance of people be seriously hurt or even dying from the high water levels. I think people should reconsider about the theory of Jesus coming this soon. But then again nobody knows but i highly doubt that this is a sign of Jesus coming again.

• I think it's right to ask people with boats to stay because some people don't have boats. Without boats, there's not very many ways to rescue civilians. I personally believe that this hurricane was going to happen sooner or later. To say that this is the second coming of Jesus is kind of irate since there's been a lot of hurricanes, of course not as big as this one. I would say people are getting confused with Jesus and mother nature. 

• 1) I personally think its a great idea that people should stay back and help people because the idea of people being saved and having people that cared about alive is a wonderful thing. Every person in our world has the same meanings. It may not show right away, but it will in the end. Also, some people that pass away from the storm might have been loved by many people and they won't know about it until later, and that can effect those people who loved that person. I know if people would stay back with boat it would help not only the people in Texas, but the people who love those people.

2) The whole thing about the second returning of Jesus I don't think it is right because when I think of Jesus returning I think of sunshine and the Heavens coming down to earth. I don't think of storms and terrible things happen I think of happiness because Jesus has returned. That's just what I think personally.

• I think that it is okay for them to ask people with boats to help. I think that they should be able to provide their boats if they have them but I don't think they should have to stay. I think it would be smart to get as many boats out there to help as many people as possible. I don't know if this is the second coming of Jesus as I just think this is a coincidence with the solar eclipse happening and this storm. 

• I think it is ok for them to ask people to help out with boats that way there are less people trapped and they go on to help more people out. I did see a thing about that a little while ago and it does have some pretty good points but I don't know if it will happen or not, we will just have to see.

• I think that it was a good call to ask for help. If it means that more lives will be saved i think its the right thing to do. I don't think that this is the second coming of Jesus. But if thinking that this is Jesus and that helps them deal with this then they can believe that.  

• i think that you have some very valid points. and i agree with many of them. the thought that someone can believe that to help them through it never crossed my mind but thats a very good point.

• I think that it's a good idea to have more people helping, especially with all of the potential damage, but I don't know how many people would WANT to stay...I know that it would be hard for me to stay. I think that the people are just freaking out so they are calling it "the 2nd coming of Jesus". 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker