2,000 rescued from Houston

Hurricane Harvey hit Houston late Saturday and is the worse to hit the US since 2004. Thousands are trapped or out of a home. city officials are telling people only to call 911 when their life is in danger. The city police are over their head already and are asking people with boats to help with the rescue. people are calling this the second coming of Jesus due to the odd correlation between this and the eclipse. up to 40 inches are expected from Harvey. it is also expected to meander across Texas until Wednesday. Saturday Harvey was downgraded to a tropic storm.

What do you think about them asking people with boats to stay and help?

I think that is is the right thing to do. they need the help and so do the other citizens of Houston if you don't stay to help at least leave the boat. It should be that you don't even need to think about weather or not to stay.

What do you think about people thinking this is the second coming of Jesus?

Let me say I personally believe in Jesus. But I think that this is not right. I think that when the second coming is you shouldn't be able to predict it. that just seems weird. this is all just a weird coincidence.

link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that if people are willing to help, they should be able to. This may be asking some to put their lives in danger, but if they're willing they should help. People always come up with crazy things. There's no way to know whether or not this is the second coming of Jesus. It's probably just some joke that got out of hand.

• Ya people do come up with crazy things A lot. and if they are willing they should help. And the whole second coming of Jesus this kinda wigs me out little bit. And if people can help they should.

• I also think that it was right to ask people who have a boat to help, because the more people help the better! But of course nobody should be forced to put another person's life about their own. If that would be the case, I would definitely say no, but in that case: good idea.

I don't think that this is the second coming of Jesus, because for me religion has nothing to do with special happenings in the nature. But in the end everyone has to decide for themselves in what they believe.

• 1. I think it was a good idea to ask people with boats to stick around and help the people in danger. Even if the people with boats did not want to stick around they could leave their boat for other people who are more willing to help out. 

2. I do not think this is the second coming of Jesus. The hurricane happening around the time of the Eclipse has nothing to do with Jesus coming, it is just a coincidence. The last time Jesus rose from the dead there were not big storms or rare solar eclipses happening. 

• i agree its a great idea for them to stick around and help out. or at least leave the boat. I also agree that this is all coincidence granted its weird but it has nothing to do with Jesus

• I think its ok but what if they wouldnt want and after they come back would they be shamed for being to precautions? 

I think that is there belief and they can say and do what they want as long as they arent doing anything to rash about it. 

• 1. I think it's a good idea as they need as much help as they can get. It never hurts to ask, and it's not like they're forcing any of them to help. I believe they did the right thing by asking because if I were in a situation like this, I would definitely want more people to be saved and saving. 2. I definitely agree with Andy as you can't predict the coming of Jesus, it's all a coincidence. Of course everybody has their own beliefs and theories, this one is just not logical. Purely nature and coincidence. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker