You Can No longer Drink At the world Cup.

Did you know you can no longer drink at the world cup. Fifa has confirmed alcohol will be banned for World Cup fans at grounds in a major and unprecedented volte-face just two days before the tournament will kick off in Qatar. The news that it will not be sold inside or around the perimeter of stadiums was confirmed by Fifa in a terse statement on Friday afternoon.

BudWiser has been making a deal with the world cup for being a sponser But this year alchahol is no longer alloud at the world cup. Fans are really upset with this new regligation. 

As we all know drinking is a big part of sports and this years world cup is a big disapointment for fans who drink at these games. These games are really exspencive to get into So why cant they drink. I feel like they should allow drinking because of the price the fans are paying to get in.

Do you think they should allow drinking?

Do you think this was a bad decision?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that it doesn't matter because if they want to drink they can drink and they shouldn't ban it because a lot of people have drank there before. I don't think it's a bad decision but it's up to you.

• I personally don't think it matters if they ban it or not because if the person does something they aren't supposed to under the influence then they can just be fined.

• I can see both points of view on drinking at the world cup and how it can be beneficial but also negative. For instance, they can be a very positive thing since they bring in lots of money. Although, someone could be very intoxicated and do something very dangerous or put other people in harm's way. 

• I am on both sides about drinking at the world cup. I can see how it can be good and how it could be bad. On one side, there has been drinking ever since and it brings in a lot of money. On the other hand, a person could drink too much and end up doing something stupid or dangerous like running on the field.

• I think they should allow drinking at the world because a bunch of people want to have fun while watching the game. Drinking might be a way to have more fun for them. If they do drink they should have a responsible adult that doesn't drink drive them home or to a hotel. 

• I think they should allow drinking at the world cup. I think lots of people drink to have fun and celebrate. The world cup is just like lots of other sports, and you are allowed to drink during those other sports, so why not soccer. I think it could also have a few good things. There would be less injuries, less people going crazy, and less accidents if people have to drive somewhere after.

• I think that they should allow drinking at the world cup because lots of people perfur to drink at these games. I feel that if people want to drink at the cup, then they should be able to. I think the decision wasn't a good dicision, the world cup is probably going to lose a lot of revenue and money.

• No, I don't think they should allow drinking at the soccer game because they have to drive home after the game and if you get drunk then you can get into trouble.  No I don't think this is bad decision because it will possibly allow more people to live.

• I think that it is good and bad at the same time. I could see how they might not want to do it. If people from around the world are going, their drinking age limits might be different than Qatar's, and if they want a beer but can't have one, then they might get upset. But, on the other hand, they would lose alot of revenue and they would have more expenses to pay. I think that a lot of the fans might be mad before the game, but once the game starts they will be fine with another type of drink like a soda or something. 

• I think it is good and bad because it is a way to make less money and to be honest it might effect people wanting to go. some people want a beer while they watch it so if they don't have beer or other drinks they might not want to go. the good part is that it could make so nobody gets drunk and streaks the feild or makes other dumb decisions that they could get arrested or fined for.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker