WWII Soldiers Reunite after 70 years

Max Massey and Joe Beale both got pulled out of school in the 12th grade to go serve in the 58th They were reunited after 70 years and they were both so exited and it was like just yesterday they were fighting together. "We were so thrilled that after 70 years we could get back together and love each other some and still talk about the same old thing that we talked about over the years," Beale said. This is such an amazing story that two friends from 70 years ago could be reunited at the age of 91.  

Link to story

What do you think about this story?

What do you think it would be like to have a friend like that and not see them for 70 years?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I am glad to hear that people can still be reunited with their friends even after 70 years of being apart. I think that this a great story because usually by this age, elderly people forget a lot of things they did or what happened to them when they were younger, but these men were able to pick up right where they left many years ago. I think this is a true story of how a friendship is- no matter how long you may separated, you can pick right up where you left off. 

• that is very true

• I think it is a nice story and If that were to happen to me i would be thrilled and share the story like they did.

• yes this is a very nice story

• I think that it is cool that they got to come together after all these years and talk. I think it would be crazy if someone was separated for so long and were reunited together especially if they were both 91 years old.

• yes this is cool that they can reunited after all this time

• That is awesome! That really shows that friendship can last despite the distance

• This is an awesome story, that is so amazing that they were reunited like that.

• I agree

• It's really inspiring, and it would be a heartbreaking reunion. It's probably like finding a lost family member after so many years.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker