Would The Krusty Krab Survive in the Real Business World?

The Krusty Krab is a multimillion dollar business within the Spongebob universe. It has business practices that aren’t necessarily the most “humane”, but for what it does it achieves the goal that all businesses hope to achieve: a major profit. However, this is within a universe that doesn’t exactly align with the rules and regulations within ours. If we were to take the Krusty Krab itself, with how it’s run by Mr. Krabs and its business practices, would it be capable of being a successful business within today's economy/social structure? (This is all assuming that nobody knows where the Krusty Krab came from, it’s a brand new restaurant that just suddenly appeared.)

First off, we have to talk about how the Krusty Krab is run. One of the main practices of the restaurant are its policies that essentially make it one of the cheapest places I’ve ever heard of. From not allowing refills (which isn’t uncommon, but in a fast food restaurant it’s a lot more rare) to raising prices of things up to 10x their initial price. The employees aren’t safe either, with them being charged $10 for standing and another $5 for talking (even to customers). With all this in mind, there’s no way that anyone would even work for the company with how awful its business practices are, but let’s say that somehow they do manage to find some workers, how would the customers react to this?

The staple of the Krusty Krab is the Krabby Patty. It’s by far one  of the greatest tasting things according to multiple accounts from the show. And since the show keeps the ingredients from it away from the public it would act similar to how we treat other fast food restaurants and their products, such as McDonalds chicken nuggets. A lot of people still don’t know where or how McDonald's chicken nuggets are made but that doesn’t stop them. A similar result would happen I believe if the Krabby Patty were to become a real thing. In fact, it would on a much higher degree that it could potentially be drug tested for how addictive it is. In terms of food, the place would rate extremely high with taste alone, but in terms of variety, it wouldn’t rank extremely high, but who needs variety when your staple is so good that people come back just for that. 

In the end, the Krusty Krab (if it were miraculously not shut down by the government) would be a fairly successful business, and since the population of people within let’s say the US is probably a little bigger than the population of Bikini Bottom the place could increase its growth exponentially around the country and even the world. Though its hardest venture would be finding employees desperate enough to work for it and would not report any violations of certain workers rights laws. 

Would you work for the Krusty Krab? Why or why not? 

Do you think the Krusty Krab would be successful? 

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ilab/our-work/workers-rights#:~:text=The%20principal%20legislation%20in%20the,Occupational%20Safety%20and%20Health%20Administration.

https://spongefan.fandom.com/wiki/Increasing_Prices#:~:text=Increasing%20Prices%20is%20the%20second,he%20raised%20the%20prices%20higher.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I can always expect an interesting and offbeat topic from you Jonathan. You did a really good job ands I have to give you credit for your creative thinking and writing!

• I personally would not wanna work there just because some peoples work environment is not good. I think it would be successful because I know little kids would love it.

• I dont think I would work at the crusty crab. But I know that it would be popular because of how many people love the show. And if its true that the patties are addictive then they would make a lot of money because their patties are so good, people would keep coming back for more and more of their patties. 

• I feel as if though the work conditions of the Krusty Krab would not only be so bad that not a whole lot can compare, but the fact you would have to pay to get the job, upwards of $100 an hour in order to maintain your status would be a terrible way to run a business.

• Let's stop and think of all the characters in the show, whether they are major or minor in the show. You've got SpongeBob, obviously, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and occasionally Patrick.  On the oppositive end of the spectrum we have Dr. Sheldon Plankton, the " bad guy". Throughout almost every episode, Plankton, which he is commonly referred to as, often infultrates, or destroys the Krusty Krab establishment to try and steal the formula for the Krabby Patty. Seeing as that each adventure is once a week, that is one time a week Plankton destroys or infultrates the Krusty Krab.  they'd have to rebuild the Krusty Krab with architectural integrity.  In a building of that size it should take about a month or more. Seeing as you'd have to pay everyone in the rebuilding of the Krusty Krab, as well as maintain a profit while it is being rebuilt, how I see it, the Krusty Krab would not be sucessful, even if Planton is thwarted throughout each episode or so on. As for working there, I see no benefit, to be paid to cook patties or serve them if I get charged for talking. 

• I didn't think about the whole Krusty Krab being destroyed every week, but it could be a major factor. However, the fact that he was capable of rebuilding it every single time has to say something either about his wealth to do that or that the building is so cheap it could be rebuilt with little to no money.

• I wouldn't work for the Krusty Krab because the way that the employees are treated is not good.  I think the Krusty Krab would be successful if Mr. Krabs didn't steal money from the restaurant. Also, I think that the restaurant would have been successful towards the beginning of the opening because of how popular Spongebob is. Eventually, it probably would be closed due to lack of money. 

• I feel as if though it would be most difficult for them to achieve a decent workforce as the ethics of the company are atrocious.  Mr. Krabs stealing money would work within a single restaurant because he's the owner and pretty much has full control of it, but if it were a full on chain it would a lot more difficult.

• I personally would not work there because I wouldn't want to take spongebobs job of whipping it up in the kitchen. All in all, I think that the Krusty Krab would be a successful buisness. With all the fame that the show has there would be plenty of kids begging to go and would gain a lot of fame.

• I think the Krusty Krab would not be successful. But I think people would like the place, but the place would definitely be shut down for health reasons. Also some people would think the price of the food is way too high and would just go to a different place. I would not work there because knowing Mr. Krabs he would not pay good at all because he is greedy.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker