Would The Krusty Krab Survive in the Real Business World?

The Krusty Krab is a multimillion dollar business within the Spongebob universe. It has business practices that aren’t necessarily the most “humane”, but for what it does it achieves the goal that all businesses hope to achieve: a major profit. However, this is within a universe that doesn’t exactly align with the rules and regulations within ours. If we were to take the Krusty Krab itself, with how it’s run by Mr. Krabs and its business practices, would it be capable of being a successful business within today's economy/social structure? (This is all assuming that nobody knows where the Krusty Krab came from, it’s a brand new restaurant that just suddenly appeared.)

First off, we have to talk about how the Krusty Krab is run. One of the main practices of the restaurant are its policies that essentially make it one of the cheapest places I’ve ever heard of. From not allowing refills (which isn’t uncommon, but in a fast food restaurant it’s a lot more rare) to raising prices of things up to 10x their initial price. The employees aren’t safe either, with them being charged $10 for standing and another $5 for talking (even to customers). With all this in mind, there’s no way that anyone would even work for the company with how awful its business practices are, but let’s say that somehow they do manage to find some workers, how would the customers react to this?

The staple of the Krusty Krab is the Krabby Patty. It’s by far one  of the greatest tasting things according to multiple accounts from the show. And since the show keeps the ingredients from it away from the public it would act similar to how we treat other fast food restaurants and their products, such as McDonalds chicken nuggets. A lot of people still don’t know where or how McDonald's chicken nuggets are made but that doesn’t stop them. A similar result would happen I believe if the Krabby Patty were to become a real thing. In fact, it would on a much higher degree that it could potentially be drug tested for how addictive it is. In terms of food, the place would rate extremely high with taste alone, but in terms of variety, it wouldn’t rank extremely high, but who needs variety when your staple is so good that people come back just for that. 

In the end, the Krusty Krab (if it were miraculously not shut down by the government) would be a fairly successful business, and since the population of people within let’s say the US is probably a little bigger than the population of Bikini Bottom the place could increase its growth exponentially around the country and even the world. Though its hardest venture would be finding employees desperate enough to work for it and would not report any violations of certain workers rights laws. 

Would you work for the Krusty Krab? Why or why not? 

Do you think the Krusty Krab would be successful? 

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ilab/our-work/workers-rights#:~:text=The%20principal%20legislation%20in%20the,Occupational%20Safety%20and%20Health%20Administration.

https://spongefan.fandom.com/wiki/Increasing_Prices#:~:text=Increasing%20Prices%20is%20the%20second,he%20raised%20the%20prices%20higher.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I too wouldn't work at the krusty krab as they just throw out any and all worker rights laws and essentially partake in slavery. Also yeah, Mr. Krabs taking all the money for himself or at least the majority of it isn't very good for the business itself, especially if they become a full on restaurant chain.

• I would not work for the Krusty Krab because one the name just sounds gross. And Mr.krabs treats his employees horrible. And it would not pay well. Maybe the Krusty Krab would be succesful for the first week, but not so much after that.

• If the crusty crab were real i would not work their as they treat their employees poorly. I also belive that the crusty crab would not even make it the first day as they would be sold out of krabby pattys because of all the people obbsessed with spongebob and wanting a krabby patty and we all know mr krabs has a limited amount of krabby patty meat.

• Since Mr. Krab took most of the cash himself, they would probably not be able to stay out of bankruptcy. I think if they made it a commercial business then they might have a chance but I think that not very many people would eat there on regular basis. 

• Mr Krabs would for sure cause a lot of trouble in profits gained by the company. However, since he runs it so cheaply there wouldn't be a need for so much money. Though I believe that a lot of people would eat there due to how addictive the food can be.

• I personally do not think the crusty carb would survive in the real business world. I think it would be very popular but not many people are going to want to pay their boss and work basically for free. I think it could be popular but will not survive, as it won't have workers if they fallow the same way it played out in the show. 

• Yeah, consumers would probably be alright with it as the food there is extremely well made, but attempting to find workers to work in those horrid conditions would be awful. The workers before we got all the labor acts passed would have appreciated their jobs if that was what they could get into

• I would not work at the Krusty Krab, mostly because I don't want to have that kind of job. I think the Krusty Krab would be successful due to the popularity it has on Sponge-Bob and I'm sure everyone would want to try it. I would 100% try it if it was a real resturant. 

• I too wouldn't want to work at the krusty krab as the amount of violations it has on certain OSHA policies is impossible to ignore. However, If I were to just eat there then yes, I would ignore all of the suffering the employees were going through and get myself an outstanding burger.

• I think that the Krusty Krab would survive in the real business world. I think that the Krusty Krab, though a fictional restaurant, would be able to survive because many, many people know about this fictional restaurant. I think that this popularity will be able to advertise very well and encourage many people to eat at this restaurant, promoting sales and becoming well known.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker