Worlds larges Cyber Attack takes place over weekend

I international cyber attack took place over the weekend affecting multiple countries. Ransomware is the biggest cyber attack in history and it's not over yet. Ransomeware works by locking people out of there computers and the only way to get back in is to pay by bitcoin. Once you pay the ransom the bitcoins go to the hackers. If you don't pay the ransom within a specific time, you are permanently locked out of your computer and all the files on the computer are released and deleted. The virus has affected over 200,000 people in 150 different countries.

Read more here

Questions-

What do you think the punishment for this crime for this should be?

What would you do if the virus attacked your computer?

Response-

I think that the hackers that did this should have life in prison since this is a international crime that has affected hundreds of thousands of people. As far as what I would do if my computer was attacked, I would most likely pay the ransom then once this is all solved, see if I can get my money back.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I completly agree with you, the hacker have affected so many people and places so it should be justifiable to put them in jail for life. And I agree with you as well when you say you would pay the ransom if it saved your files. Thanks for the comment!

• This is a serious crime that has affected a lot of people. The hacker/s should be sentenced to a long time in prison, perhaps life. I don't know how I would react to this. I would pay the ransom if it meant my files would be safe and everything would return to normal. However, I don't think we know much about these hackers and what they are capable of doing. 

• I completely agree with you, the hackers should definitely go to prison and it should possibly be for life since it is a serious crime. As for the ransom I agree with you again, I would pay the ransom as long as it meant my files were safe. Thanks for the comment!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker