Worlds larges Cyber Attack takes place over weekend

I international cyber attack took place over the weekend affecting multiple countries. Ransomware is the biggest cyber attack in history and it's not over yet. Ransomeware works by locking people out of there computers and the only way to get back in is to pay by bitcoin. Once you pay the ransom the bitcoins go to the hackers. If you don't pay the ransom within a specific time, you are permanently locked out of your computer and all the files on the computer are released and deleted. The virus has affected over 200,000 people in 150 different countries.

Read more here

Questions-

What do you think the punishment for this crime for this should be?

What would you do if the virus attacked your computer?

Response-

I think that the hackers that did this should have life in prison since this is a international crime that has affected hundreds of thousands of people. As far as what I would do if my computer was attacked, I would most likely pay the ransom then once this is all solved, see if I can get my money back.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I also think that hackers like this should spend life in prison because they are affecting several countries and millions of peoples lives. If the virus attacked my computer I would probably laugh at them and let them have my files. 

• I totally 100% agree with on that the hackers should spend the rest of their lives in prison or jail and work off their crimes. I agree with you i would laugh a little bit too and then i would probally go and throw it away because it does work unless you pay the ransom and i ain't bout to pay some hacker money.

• I think we should have to come up with internet laws since things like this are happening. We shouldn't need to have laws but of course somebody has to come along and screw everything up. In today's world, we should treat the internet just like everything else. Laws are effective when used correctly. The thing about internet hacking is you can't see as easily who is doing it. 

• I think the hackers should receive life in prison for having possession of private files and affecting many people for them doing nothing. I would take my computer to the police and try to have them track down there location.

• I completely agree with you and also think the hackers should be in prison for life. I like your idea of going to the cops to track down there IP adress but i don't know how you can find the address of a virus. Thanks for the comment!

• I agree I would probably take my computer to the police and have them figure out what is going on and try to stop and find the hackers. I would be devastated if they took all my files and deleted them because I have a ton of pictures that I would lose.

• I also think the hackers should have a lifetime of prison. Something like this that affects so many lives should have a consequence of prison. I would probably take my computer to a place that can help it and hope that the hacker doesn't get into really important things of mine. 

• I think the hackers should serve a long time in jail, if not life. This is a very serious crime that should not be handled lightly. If the virus attacked my computer, I would probably pay the ransom so I wouldn't lose any of my important files. I wouldn't want to lose all of my hard work over a stupid virus.   

• I agree with you Janessa in the sense that you would pay the ransom because I have lots of things that are very important to me on my computer. I think after I paid the ransom I would take it to the police though.

• I also think that the hackers should be put in jail for life, for what they have done, and also because of how many countries and how many people were affected by this issue. I would pay the ransom so that I could still have all of my files on my computer, and then I would also try to get my money back once everything was done and over with.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker