Will Cryptocurrency Replace Money?

What is cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrency is a digital currency and a lot of people wonder if it will replace fiat money. The first successful cryptocurrency was made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto. A lot of people were not comfortable and confuse when this was made. But as years pass they have made more and different types of cryptocurrency. And cryptocurrencies are increasing in popularity and a lot of people are using crypto instead of money.

In 2021 35% of Americans were comfortable using crypto. And stores now have the option to use crypto to buy stuff. Elon Musk the creator of Telsa once had an option that you could buy a Telsa with crypto. As the popularity of crypto rise more things are being made. They now have ATMs, cards, and banks that are crypto. Also, NFT which is a non-fungible token is a piece of digital art that increases in value because it's a one-of-one.  

But the top US Banks say that crypto will not replace money because the government will have to regulate cryptocurrency just like they do with money. And a lot of people agree with this because it will be impossible to replace fiat currency. But Elon Musk says “If you want to speculate and have some fun - there’s a good chance that crypto is the future currency of Earth.” he said. 

In my opinion, I think that crypto will replace cash since now more things are being created and it is now getting regulated by the government.

Do you think crypto will be our future currency?

Sources:

Source 1 

Source 2 

Source 3

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice Anthony! Your summary is well done as well. Be sure to comment on three different days and a few more times as well.

•  as we become more technologically advanced I do believe that paper money or gold and valuables and then stuff well become less Then the inflation prices eventually we will digitally track how how Commerce is made when that happens Aries more risks because again we might not be as technologically advanced but people will still find a way to cheat you out of money or crypto or be able to hack into your quote-unquote server or Bank digital Bank but yeah I do think that crypto will overtake tangible money as it's easier to adjust vwooop ding And then instantly you're paidOr the flipside you're paying someone else

• In my opinion, I don't think cryptocurrency would over take money, because Im not sure that it will be very reliable, and It would be much eaiser to hack. Money is just reliable and not online so it cant really be hacked with out being found out.  

• I do not think crypto currency will replace money in the future. It is not reliable enough in my opinion and people will find a way to outsmart the system and hack it possibly. 

• No i dont beleive that crypto currency will take over normal money because of how unstable it is 

• I do not think Crypto will take over money as crypto is very unstable. the prices and everything change so often that I do not think it's a stable way to manage the economy. It is stupid in my opinon

• In my personal opinion, I do not think that cryptocurrency will ever fully replace our current monetary system. I do not think that it is nearly secure enough, being that it is fully digital. I also do not see a large portion of the population, particularly the older demographic, accepting this totally new system.

• I think that crypto will eventually take over real money, but not anytime soon. We are already leaning away from paper money and going to card, so I think it will take a while to replace cards with crypto currency. 

• I agree I think that it will take over when people started to get info on how to use and keep their money safe. but for now, we just keep on using money.

• I think that it will take over money, but in the very distant future. You can see that mobile banking apps are becoming more and more popular, and people are paying more with cards or their phones, but there are still people who pay with cash. Nowadays you don't see many people who write checks  (besides paychecks) and it is becoming less and less as more people use other technological devices. I think that it would take around 50+ year before we are fully done with cash and checks.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker